LegacyGT.com

Got the Brochure today

[img]http://www.need-desire.com/WallpaperLegacy/800x600/Legacy4.jpg[/img] interesting things of note: [quote]The intercooled turbocharged 250-hp subaru boxer engine catapults you from 0-60 in a scenery blurring 5.8 seconds.[/quote] Based on USAC Certified Testing for 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Sedan with 5 speed manual I assume we all only care about the 2.5GT so, I'll just focus on that. Projector beam fog lamps Heated Front Seats Momo steering wheel Electronic Throttle Control (Drive by wire) Continuous AWD system with 5 speed manual. Utilizing a viscous type center locking differential, under normal conditions power is split 50/50 between the front and rear wheels. If wheel slippage occurs, the center differential helps transfer power to the wheels with the best traction. Rear Viscous Limited Slip diff on 2.5GT models. Dual front airbags and side curtain airbags standard. Auto dimming Mirror with electronic compass is an option. 3 year/36000 mile basic warranty 5 year/60000 mile powertrain warranty 5 year rust perforation warranty 7 year/100000 mile extended warranty available. Ok, now for some of the specs Save myself the time and just do 2.5GT models. Engine: 2.5 litre DOHC intercooled Turbocharged aluminum alloy 16v 4 cylinder boxer with active valve control system and Iridium Spark Plugs Power: 250hp @ 6000rpms Torque: 250lb/ft @ 3600rpms Compression: 8.2:1 Bore/stroke: 99.5x79 Intake system: Composite Resin Intake Manifold. Crossflow Turbocharger with air to air intercooler. Maximum boost pressure: 13.5psi Fuel and Ignition System: Sequential multiport fuel injection. Electronic Throttle Control. Engine management with integrated self diagnostics and adaptive driving habits capability. Direct ignition on 2.5GT Manual Transmission: Standard Fully synchronized reinforced 5 speed manual with dual mass flywheel and clutch pedal controlled starter interlock. Fuel Economy 19/25mpg (both auto and manual) Steering: Engine speed sensing variable power assisted racn and pinion. Turns lock to lock: 2.8. Turning circle: 35.4ft Suspension: 4 wheel Independent suspension. Front strut type with lower L arm. Antidive geometry. Rear Multilink with antilift and antisquat geometry. Front and rear stabilizer bars. Brakes: 4 wheel ventilated diskcs. 4 channel 4 sensor ABS with Electronic Brake force Distribution. Discs: 12.3in front. 11.3in rear. Wheels: 17x7 inch Tires: 215/45/ZR17s Dimensions: Sedan|Wagon Length: 186.2|188.7 Height: 56.1|58.1 (roof rails) Wheelbase: 105.1 Track: 58.9f/58.4r Curb Weight: 3300 (GT man) 3365 (GT Auto) 3365 (GT Lim Man) 3435 (GT Lim Aut) | 3355 (GT man) 3420 (GT auto) 3435 (GT Lim Man) 3500 (GT Lim Aut) Coefficient of Drag: .29|.31 Im pretty happy with the weight. the wagon is not that much heavier than the sedan. However the limited package really packs on the weight. I still wish I could option for a sunroof without leather. If you guys have any more questions that I could answer out of the brochure, let me know.

Basically the facts we've seen thus far, but none-the-less, good to know. Could you please list the weights for all the trims, I will publish them in the main info thread.

well, I noticed some of the brochure info was different than the press release info. Notice the 0-60 performance is slower than claimed in the press release Weights for the 2.5i (manual/auto): Sedan: 3200/3245 Wagon: 3255/3300 Sedan Ltd: 3265/3310 Wagon Ltd: 3335/3380

[quote name='axis008']Nice to know about the warranties. Do you guys think the extended one is worth it?[/quote] in general such warranties are a rip-off (that's why they love selling them). on the other hand you're talking about the first year of a new model. for all that similar cars have been produced elsewhere in the world, this is still a new model and that fact might make the warranty worth it. does anyone have information of the pricing of the extended warranty? we can get the invoice price of the car easily, but i don't know where to find the wholesale price of the warranty.

Subaru's extended warranty is most excellent. It is bumper-to-bumper, minus a $50 deductible. I just had the lock cylinders on my WRX wagon replaced, under warranty, for free...my dealer even waived the deductible. The only thing not covered is normal wear and tear. As I intend to keep the Leggy for a looong time, I will certainly opt for the extended warranty which, BTW, covers towing and a rental car in case of an overnight stay at the dealership. You can certainly argue whether you need one or not with a fundamentally reliable car. After all, if Subaru only has to pay out for a pair of lock cylinders, for what I paid for my Gold extended warranty, they've gotten off pretty darned well, I say. :lol: But Subaru's extended warranty definitely isn't a rip-off. Whether it's necessary is another question. Kevin

I've had those for a couple days (legacy and outbacks) but didn't post because I figured I was probably already WTLW. I will try to scan em (my scanner is garbage, so I don't know how well it'll turn out) -Allen

When I ordered my Legacy, we talked about the extended warranty. For $989, the warranty goes for 6 years, 72,000 miles, which is twice the regular warranty, of course. If I were to wait and decide to get it after I put miles on the car, the price of the extended warranty goes up a lot. I am not sure if I should get it, but as of right now, I don't think I will.

I ordered my Obsidian Black 2.5GT sedan on Saturday. :) They had Regal Blue 2.5i sedan fresh off the truck. It hadn't been prepped yet so I couldn't test drive it. :( Anyway, they gave me a brochure. I didn't notice until I got home that the climate control is listed for the Limited only! Did anyone else notice this? I'm calling tomorrow to find out about this. It is a little disappointing seeing that it’s been in the specs for the GT sense the January press release. Oh well, we'll see what the Subaru Rep says.

Yep, Cars101.com has the dual-zone climate control as being available only on Limited models. But frankly, given the size of the driver/passenger front portion of the car, how much difference will it make, really? You still get the automatic climate control, which is fine. I do agree that Subaru's press materials have been saying it would be available on the GT as well, but those same materials say "specifications subject to change, yada, yada." Kevin

Doesn't make a difference to me. I like to turn it on and off as I please. :lol: I think I'm on a broken record here against luxury and ammenities, hmm, lets see... -Power Seat -Leather -Dual Zone Climate Control doesn't do anything for me either... I know there is more that I'm definitely forgetting. :lol:

Archived