LegacyGT.com

Five '05 OB's in San Antonio

:D :D I stopped by my local dealer this afternoon - they got five of the '05 OB wagon 2.5's in last night. Four are standards with various options and one is the Ltd. Unfortunately the latter was over at the body shop for cleaning and prep, etc. However, I was able to look over one of the standard 2.5's kitted with A/T and the sound package while it was sitting in the service bay. Also sat in it - WOW!!! :P My comparisons are with my '01 H6 VDC wagon [which I had just driven there] - the way the doors and rear gate close is a HUGE leap in quality. The body and seats still had the protective plastic coverings, so somewhat masked the overall impression. Hower the seat was comfortable and the redesigned visors are a nice touch. The new roof rail mountings appear to be more substantial and are also much more rigid. No chance on this visit to get an overall impression of the style, but the front end did not appear to me to stick out too far. However, it may take a while to get used to this "invisible" extra length in tight parking situations, etc., after driving the current style of Leg and OB. Cannot wait to test drive each of the OB and Legacy variants. Of course, the REAL challange wil be convincing my wife that it is aleady time to trade in one of the other Subes. :( FWIW, my salesman confirmed that these cars are avaible for immediate sale. Brian

Good news from San Antone. :D Up here in Denver I dropped by Burt, picked up some literature, shot the sh!t with our mechanic then went in the back lot [Authorized Personnel Only, I guess Scooby nerds like myself are accepted. lol :D ] to check out the '05s, ... man, they are gorgeous. 3 OB Wagons, 2 Leg Wagons and 1 Leg Sedan, all the 2.5i or iLtd. No XTs or GTs in yet ... Anyway the brocures I got say the GT Sedan is 3300lbs and has a 5.8sec 0-60, not the most encouraging news ever, we'll see how fast it is after a few of the big boys start testing it. time as tested by the USAC ... hmm ...

ooooook, and is 5.8 suppose to be bad?!??! i sure dont think so. plus i doubt that the manufacture would clutch dump and AWD(i wouldnt either unless it wasnt mine). therefore i bet it could be faster. dont for get the aftermarket potential w/ the turbo. turbo is one of the easiest and most potent for the $. trying to push HP outta a honda(which i have...prelude) cost more and its more complex.

[quote name='axis008']What is USAC?[/quote] ..that's what I was wondering to. I think it's the United States Auto Club. I could find to much info about them on google... [url=http://www.insmkt.com/usac.htm]http://www.insmkt.com/usac.htm[/url] 5.8s sounds good to me!

I can only repeat what I have been saying from the outset (as has Paul Hansen and others who have experienced the car): The Legacy will disappoint anyone searching for a numbers car, where they can say "I have XX 0-60 time," or "My car makes XXX horsepower." It's about the synergistic driving experience, which is how Subaru has been pitching it both overseas, as well as here. The numbers are quite good, particularly when you consider that you have to go to an S4 Audi to better the Legacy's acceleration numbers. The Acura TL does the same run in 6.3 seconds, and the G35 coupe runs 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. To throw something else into the mix, the 350Z Track edition does the run in 5.6 seconds. The Legacy GT is a mid-sized family sports sedan that can carry you, three friends, and your luggage. It has creature comforts galore, should be the traditionally reliable Subaru, looks great, and has, as far as anyone can discern who has driven the USDM car, exceptional handling not only from its suspension tuning, but from its quick 15:1 steering rack. The Legacy is so much more than a simple 0-60 time. Kevin

I agree with all :) What was the '04 GT's weight? I thought the new was supposed to lose ~200lbs ..... ? edit: the USDM MY04 GT curb was 3395, USDM MY05 GT is 3300, 3365 for the Limited. So the GT dropped 95 pounds, are my stats correct or is SOA over estimating the '05's curb weight?

The comparo is much closer between an '04 GT and an '05 2.5i Limited. '04 GT Sedan 5MT - 3,365lbs '05 2.5i Limited Sedan 5MT - 3,265lbs (100lb loss over previous) [i]'05 2.5GT Limited Sedan 5MT - 3,365lbs '05 2.5GT Sedan 5MT - 3,300lbs[/i] Wagons for comparo: '04 GT Wagon 5MT - 3,470lbs '05 2.5i Limited Wagon 5MT - 3,335lbs [i]'05 2.5GT Limited Wagon 5MT - 3,435lbs '05 2.5GT Wagon 5MT - 3,355lbs[/i] That gives a better comparison and shows about how much the turbo gear, larger brakes and wheels, and other modifications required up the mass. Information gathered from Edmunds.com

Archived