LegacyGT.com

New CAI

TomD

Just got an 05 LGT and havent done anything to it. I dont have much cash atm, but I wanna do something small to start out with. What gains am I looking at with a CAI? I know it wont be an appreciable increase in power, but I've heard it can increase fuel efficiency. Any thoughts?

This is pretty disputed, but I'd say that a panel filter > CAI.

Don't expect much out of them. I put in an AVO filter (high flow, oil-less) and have noticed that my engine is smoother and more responsive but nothing really noticible in terms of power.

One more question...A buddy of mine drives an S-10 SS, and swears that he gets an extra fifty miles per tank after adding a CAI? What do you guys think...is this legit, or is my friend on crack? I know that the K+N panel filters claim better efficiency, but is it for real?

One more question...A buddy of mine drives an S-10 SS, and swears that he gets an extra fifty miles per tank after adding a CAI? What do you guys think...is this legit, or is my friend on crack? I know that the K+N panel filters claim better efficiency, but is it for real?

He's on crack!!!

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Archived