LegacyGT.com

Upipe failure,,05 LGT,15,000 miles

jagcars26

I know this was discussed in another thread but;

We had a fairly large Subaru/Nissan meet last nite and I got talking to a Suby tech who works at a dealership on the other side of Baltimore.

He asked me if I had replaced my upipe,I said yep with an STi one.He then told me he was at the time working on a 05 LGT(15,000 miles) that had an upipe/cat failure,ate the turbo, etc etc etc .The car was bone stock BTW.

He went on to tell me it was covered under warranty but its seems as if Subaru didn't want to admit that this has happened more then once or twice(WRX/LGT) when he talked to them on the tech line.

Anyway the point of this is NOT to scare anyone,just a heads up that we MAY have the same problem with the catted upipes that the WRXs have had .

That is all ,resume your normal activities:icon_wink

mods you may want to move this to the exhaust area.thanks

I said it in another thread. I replaced my UP just in time. The cat had come loose from the pipe in 1 piece. It would've only been a matter of time before it broke apart completely & got sucked into the turbo.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:eek: Yow!! Another "destroyed turbo" averted by the grace of the "Mod-Bug"!!!!

I said it in another thread. I replaced my UP just in time. The cat had come loose from the pipe in 1 piece. It would've only been a matter of time before it broke apart completely & got sucked into the turbo.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

My '03 WRX (TurboXS tbe + EcuTek) had 20,000 miles when I traded it in without any stock uppipe problems. My '05 FXT (TurboXS stealthback + Cobb AP) is going on 18,000 miles with a stock uppipe. Not that I've (ever) had high mileage cars, but in the grand scheme of things parts (stock or aftermarket) can fail. :p However, especially in the case of the uppipe cat, this doesn't make me paranoid about it... ;)

-Mike-

Archived