LegacyGT.com

Blinking CEL

sgeorge

Before everyone tells me to search, for some reason the search function isn't working. I just get a blank webpage. Check engine light starts blinking after hard acceleration up to 60, continues to blink for 10-15 seconds then goes off. When the blinking started i shoved the clutch to the floor and let the engine return to idle while i coasted to a stop. The car was cut off while i was at lunch then driven back to the office without any CEL'S. No performance mods to the car except accessport, i am running the cobb 93 octane stage 1 map with the latest updates.

CEL light blinking. and now that i have sufficiently wasted my afternoon reading all the posts about turbos going bad, i'm going to go connect the little white connectors and see what the hell is wrong.

Thanks for the hopes of catastrophic failure RC.

At least i am still under warranty.

You and MMS have different issues. Go buy a code reader or go to PebBoys and get the code read. Then find out what it means and report back.

If you uninstall the AP (I would before taking it to a dealer) the CEL is cleared. Now if its truly catastrophic failure the code will come back and no worries. If its a fluke then give it a few days and re-install the AP.

lol nothing ever came of my flashing CEL. i actualy re read the post. what a waste. it didnt solve anything at all. it had more links to more confusing stuff. blah!

like rich said, insted of guessing what it might be go to pepboys or whatever and get them to scan the code. i have gotten different codes with the ap and with an OBD2 scanner.

Archived