LegacyGT.com

Opinions welcomed!!! Needed, actually!

What finish to use?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What finish to use?

• Flat Black FTW!!
    • Semi-Gloss fo' real!
    • Clear-coat that sucka!

I have decided to paint my scoop like the picture below. I used electrical tape, and then photoshoped the tape smooth.

I'm not asking for opinions on the way I'm painting, because I think it looks totally bad ass, and I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not sure if I should paint it flat black, semi-gloss, or have it painted professionally and fully cleared black.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!!!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI1NjcxNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

"Insert Signature Here"

use SEM trim black, its just like formula wise as what the auto manufactures used for hood blackouts...i would deffinatly do it semi gloss....gloss black in that area will not look good....i think the flatter finish maks it look as though it has more depth in the opening

use SEM trim black, its just like formula wise as what the auto manufactures used for hood blackouts...i would deffinatly do it semi gloss....gloss black in that area will not look good....i think the flatter finish maks it look as though it has more depth in the opening

Thats what I was thinking... glossy black wouldn't look right.

Is SEM the brand? Can you point me in the right direction?

"Insert Signature Here"

looks cool on a white car.

personally, i'd say if you're going to do it - go all way and paint it right. I think Flat or semi-gloss will just make it look cheap.

:whore: do it right the first time......

may i suggest you use black matte exterior grade stick on vinyl?

the good shit you get from a sign company.

this way if you don't like it you can peel it off.

is was going to try it around my fog light bumper housing area thingy, placey,....whatchamacallit blah blah blah

I think it will look great any way you do it! But I voted for flat. I purchased an extra set of the foglamp bezels in the factory OBP (gloss) color because I wanted some more contrast up front. But I ended up repainting them flat black because the gloss didn't look right. Of course, that's below the bumper so it's a bit different... but I still really think the clearcoat (gloss) just is NOT going to give you the effect you are looking for.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I was going to suggest the exact same thing red beast suggested - vinyl.

I saw a car with vinyl on the hood today, and it occurred to me that this would be a great application for vinyl also. Quality vinyl. If you want to change it, peel it off, and if it fades or gets damaged, you can replace it easily.

I was going to suggest the exact same thing red beast suggested - vinyl.

I saw a car with vinyl on the hood today, and it occurred to me that this would be a great application for vinyl also. Quality vinyl. If you want to change it, peel it off, and if it fades or gets damaged, you can replace it easily.

Yeah, I'll look into that...

"Insert Signature Here"

depends ... how do you feel about dremmeling the grill and working with Bondo?

Hhmm...

I know what you're leading to!! :lol:

I'm not sure WHAT to do with the stock grill... I've been thinking about sanding the chrome, and painting it SWP to match the car...

Has that been done? In any color? My dads F-250 has a paint matched grill, and it looks fantastic.

Hows your grill coming along?

"Insert Signature Here"

I'm not sure WHAT to do with the stock grill... I've been thinking about sanding the chrome, and painting it SWP to match the car...

Has that been done? In any color? My dads F-250 has a paint matched grill, and it looks fantastic.

Enough! You want you Subaru to look like Daddy's F250? Stop with this ricer crap!!!! Shouldn't you be waiting in line for the opening of Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift?

Hows your grill coming along?

Very slowly. Didn't even do any work this weekend. Too busy driving Porsches, Escalades, and hanging with strippers, you know.

Tomorrow I'm on the road for work. Maybe Tuesday will see another round of Bondo.

Enough! You want you Subaru to look like Daddy's F250? Stop with this ricer crap!!!! Shouldn't you be waiting in line for the opening of Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift?

Ignorant post of the year!!!

I happen to dislike the stock grille... as well as headlights...

Just like 80% of the people on this board, seem to...

*passes tissue*

"Insert Signature Here"

Archived