LegacyGT.com

Looking at a '09 LGT

Siebec

Saw a 2009 LGT AT at a dealer with 31k on it, looks clean inside and out save for a few stone chips on the front. Got the dealer down to 22k out the door, is that still to much? Seems a bit high for an 09 but i'm not too sure. Anything else I should watch out for in an '09? Do the 09s still have the oil turbo line clogging problem?

• Moderators

I think it's too much. Sold my 09 with 7k miles (5MT) back in Nov. 2010 for $22.5k, but that was a private sale. Obviously with that mileage the car was mint.

Hard to say though, 09s are the newest of the 4th gens so anything with around 30k miles is gonna be one of the lower mileage vehicles out there.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I bought my 09 brand new for 21.6K plus tax three years ago. It's crazy how these cars are holding their value.

This has nothing to do with the car. You bought at the depth of the recession. Most cars bought then "hold their value well".

To OP: I'd get a new(er) car for that dough. Somebody already got the kick out of the slow depreciation of that '09, and it wasn't you, from now on depreciation will be regular-paced.

This has nothing to do with the car. You bought at the depth of the recession. Most cars bought then "hold their value well".

To OP: I'd get a new(er) car for that dough. Somebody already got the kick out of the slow depreciation of that '09, and it wasn't you, from now on depreciation will be regular-paced.

I searched for a Legacy for 6 months before finding mine. Used ones were still going higher than what I paid for it. I think I was just lucky! :p

• 3 months later...

I have been looking at this one recently, does this seem like a good deal? I have seen private sale 07 and 08s asking for more with more miles. Dealer said it was non negotiable but after looking at these for a few months this is the cheapest one I have seen with lower miles.

Also I have never heard of steel silver metallic?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=45840&endYear=2009&keywords=+GT+&makeCode1=SUB&startYear=1981&ownerId=566807&listingType=all&sellerType=b&searchRadius=200&listingId=342349077

Their asking price is actually under blue book and with those low miles, seems like a good deal. That car over here where I'm at in idaho would have a going price of 20-21k. I would go for a car like that but I live so far away and wouldn't buy without seeing it and then I gotta pay for it to be shipped out here too. But I feel that's a good buy

I'm starting to give up on trying to find an 09 GT myself i just cant find any close by me. But who knows one might pop up soon. I've been waiting for almost a year to find one in a manual and under 60k miles. Hard as hell to find one in mint condition.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm starting to give up on trying to find an 09 GT myself i just cant find any close by me. But who knows one might pop up soon. I've been waiting for almost a year to find one in a manual and under 60k miles. Hard as hell to find one in mint condition.

I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat But I'm only going on 4 months. Hopefully I can get my hands on something this year

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the oil turbo line problem, Subaru supposedly fixed it 07 when they changed the turbo number from VF-40 to VF-46 but really its just the same. Subaru recommends changing the filter every 60K miles; its a Subaru created problem and easily fixed. All you have to do is remove the oil filter in the oil feed line to the turbo as it is not needed. The oil filter is located in one of the banjo bolts in the oil feed lines. The 05-06 does not have electronic stability control which was added in 07. The Subaru service/technical bulletin number for the turbo problem is 02-106-08R just Google it.

The 09 still has the oil turbo line clogging problem but its an easy fix. You just remove the filter that is in the oil feed line to the turbo. Subaru issued a service/tech bulletin #02-106-08R that you can Google. Subaru recommends replacing the filter but you don't need it so just remove it. Its in a banjo bolt. You can just buy the same bolt without the filter for about $5 and you're done.

• 3 weeks later...
I found a 09 2.5gt limited with 12k and a dealer installed cold air intake from an estate liquidation sale. I have no clue what a great price (for me not them) to offer would be on this, any help? I was currently in the market for a new (and my 1st) subaru either an outback or imprezza hatch for the 30+ gas mileage..... Not thrilled with the stated MPG of 18-24 for the GT.....is that pretty much what people have been getting? Does the cold air mod help?

Archived