LegacyGT.com

TSK kit for drivability

steph01

I have a Stage II 6 pucks ceramic clutch on my OBXT, and it's kind a hard for daily driving. The engagement point is very small, and you have to slip the clutch a bit to start.

I'm wondering if the TSK 3 (or whatever I may need number) will help that issue ??

I see everywhere the word ''chatter''........but dont really know what it means ?? (i'm french)

And it seems that the TSK kit can help that. true or false ??

Thank's !!

It will definitely not help in your situation.

The throwout bearing rides back and forth on the "quill" which is basically just a hollow shaft integrated into the transmission case, that the transmission input shaft goes through. Over time, the quill can get damaged and eventually fail. This is catastrophic because it is part of the transmission case, so a rebuild or replacement is necessary.

The TSK3 is just a sleeve that goes over the quill, that is replaceable, and a new throwout bearing with a larger bore diameter to fit on the sleeve. It only helps fix/prevent damage to the quill.

You are likely experiencing the harshness of the 6-puck clutch which is designed to be "grabby" or harsh unless you are really driving hard.

Good to know !!!

But if I plan to keep the car few more years (3-4) It's a go to prevent any further damage to the tranny right ??

I might going to just buy another clutch, and try to sell the puck one.

If you're going to have the car for a while I would definitely swap out the clutch now while you can still sell it for something to recoup the cost. Sometimes you pay to learn... that's what I told myself when my motor blew up. :redface:

Of course, if you swap the clutch, I would do the TSK3 as well... cheap insurance. Others might disagree though.

• 8 months later...

Archived