LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

Yea. That's been discussed in this thread. Just bug with a slightly annoying temporary effect. It usually happens on the cooler mornings of warmer days with the heat on. Makes me think it might be humidity related because it doesn't happen on cold dry winter days with the heat on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
As much as I'd love to read through 91 pages of posts... Wait no I wouldn't. Who has gotten boost and afr on these things? I have a couple questions

I'm running both, with a PLX wideband setup.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
thanks, BMB straightened things out. curious, did you buy the datalogging cable from PLX or DIY?

Did you get my last message with DIY info? (credit goes to Strizzy for all of that info, but it's good stuff!)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

thanks, BMB straightened things out. curious, did you buy the datalogging cable from PLX or DIY?

I got it from PLX. however, a simple Google search of the part number lists it at several other locations, mostly over seas, for considerably less...

a side note:

When I have both the VBG and laptop plugged in (via a y splitter) and the laptop battery dies, the VBG won't connect to the PLX SM AFR until I unplug the data logging cable from the splitter.

My last DIY cable went out, mainly due to a parent not understanding how auxiliary music cables work.

As I mentioned to BMB in a past PM, I purchased one of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/310742466145, and recently soldered a 3.5mm headphone jack on the end, then downloaded and installed the drivers to my laptop. The cable works perfectly, with zero need for supplies other than the 3.5mm headphone jack.

If you don't mind waiting for a month, you can get it cheaper from China/Hong Kong. I prefer to buy from US sellers to get it sooner.

As long as you hook up the VCC and Rx to the right terminals, nothing can really go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
having some install troubles... plugged the flex cable into the gauge (black side up) and secured it. connected add-a-fuse to power wire. connected grounding wire to screw on circuit box. plugged power into sending unit. the gauge does nothing when i turn the car on. i tried a larger fuse just for shits and giggles and still nothing. tried re-crimping all connectors, nothing. double checked flex cable, nothing. any thoughts?

20140526_132502.thumb.jpg.460ab21bf90cf887bc20b610b42c6db4.jpg

Any idea when these will be available again?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does it look like it's kind of de-laminating from itself? If so, yes. There's some discussion of it earlier on in this thread. I was actually supposed to get a photo of it for him, but I could never actually capture it in a photo and forgot about it.