LegacyGT.com

P0011

Yes it does.

I think 08's came without the banjo filter. If by chance yours has it, it should be removed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/passenger-side-turbo-avcs-oil-line-summary-136078.html?t=136078&highlight=banjo

I had the same code on the 05 and I just replaced the turbo with a VF52 from AZPinstalls.

I guess it's a general knowledge that that code and P0021 mean the up coming death of the turbo.

Listen for the turbo to start whining under boost, if that happens replace it. Don't wait for it to blow and take the engine with it.

My old turbo is in a video I put in the 4th gen forum http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/142-000-miles-oem-turbo-168561.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you need to remove the banjo bolt that attaches to the AVCS on the cylinder head, it may be clogged with debris. This can easily be avoided by regular oil changes

from nasioc "All these were taken from an '05 STI that kept throwing the code no matter what parts we suspected and installed and was eventually subject to a teardown. These occurances are becoming more frequent and we're finding these on vehicles that have had their regular oil changes neglected. Typically 2000 to 5000 overdue for an oil change. So far, only on Legacy GT's and STI's (turbo). These cars are also 1-2 quarts low on oil. I imagine the AVCS is not receiving an adequate amount oil as well as the camshafts."

if the turbo is bad, the bearing shavings can flow down and block those avcs banjos too. the avcs banjos do have filters, apparently.... your turbo does not

is the car modded? sometimes the maf can trigger this code if it's severely dirty

I'm regular with my oil changes, and I don't beat on it too hard... The car is completely stock, and the MAF has been taken out of the equation. The last time it did come on it was in boost, and after 15-25 minutes of driving.

Archived