LegacyGT.com

Opinions needed!!!!!

Ok here's the deal, you may know my 98 LGT is for sale. I got this guy who wants to trade me a 2000 toyota celica gt and 1500 cash. The car looks good, no rust. It is however an automatic trans, not happy about that. I'm not working right now so, the 1500 bucks would pay off my other car. Then I'd have no car payment. Big help there. And I wouldn't have to shop around for another car to replace the legacy. I was asking 4 grand for the legacy, I never expected to get that much, I just thought it would be a good starting point. I do have over 5 grand into the car and was planning to take around 3500 for it. So, should I do it?????

Thats a hard one. The celica is prob worth 3k depending on the miles. But if you dont want the celica then you will have to try and sell another car. Your leggy is worth 4k. I have an offer on my white 98 lgt with 175k for 4.4k.

I would make sure there are no issues like headgaskets or bad trannies. Also check for proper maintenance like timing belts. I have heard of a lot of people trying to pawn off their problem cars by trading them and making it seem like a good deal when it really isnt. If everything checks out good I would probably go through with the deal if I was you. Then sell the celica and find another leggy lol.

My only gripe about that would be that it's a fwd, and you're in upstate ny. Unless you have another awd/4wd that you can take out when the weather gets rough, then I wouldn't take it. Then again, I'm all about the awd :)

There is something to be said for 2wd little 2 doors. Fwd is not a total loss in snow but is not awd... Celica is light, easy to drive, cheap to maintain, will get 200k easy, etc.

That being said, find another job and save the leggy. You are 5k into it. 5k + 3k shell is worth a lot. Someday $1500 will sound like a lot less money. I hope that day is not the day the LGT drives away!

^^ this. My only issue w/fwd is that I've had a bad couple experiences with it in the hills of ct. My friend has a 99 g20 and got stuck 3 times one night, and it was up to me to get the car home because it was his first winter. He took the legacy and was fine (he followed me) but the g20, even with a good set of blizzaks, just isn't the same as having power to all 4 wheels. It was a wrestling match...I'd rather have a rwd if it was up to me having to power 2 wheels on a car.

If you can save the legacy in any way, do it. That's one fine car that I wouldn't want to see gone. But, you've gotta do what you've gotta do, and if the celica will get you by and you like it, then jump on it.

If I were you, I would, automatics arent the most fun but look at it here your paying off another car, and your getting a car that will be paid off. Save up about 2g's find your self another legacy and boom down payment and boom trade in value on the celica for what you want!

Going to be a cash deal? So they are going to give you $3000 for the celica they are keeping and $1500 for your car?

I have a feeling you are going to be left with less than you paid for your car and everything you put into it. Hope it works out! DONT LET EM LOWBALL YOU!

Archived