LegacyGT.com

driving gloves?

i wasn't sure where to put this, probably one of the more uncommon types of threads :)

anyways, i am looking for a good looking black leather driving glove that comes in size 9. my reasons are practical; my hands are usually a bit sweaty and my knuckles get cut up from being so drying in the winter, so gloves would help make the experience much better. not to mention the great-feeling grip u get when using leather. anyone hear know of any highquality driving leather gloves? i want something classy/simple/elegant. price is of no real concern.

huh

edit: looked up kei office gloves, thats too much race glove for me :icon_bigg i was thinking of something more traditional, like this:

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/md1a-rz3006.htm

my only problem is that that exact style is out of stock everywhere of rsome strange reason. i like that exact style/similar.

not whipstiched, no knuckle holes, snap strap

California Car Cover sells the popular "Wheelskins" deersking driving gloves but they do have velcro instead of snaps and have the typical knuckle holes.

http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=1637&cid=

Another source is the Police store "CopQuest" they have the "Hatch" gloves which are actually pretty decent for only $17/pr.

http://www.copquest.com/12-2420.htm

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Get Botox shots and use lotion. :D

+1 heard the Jerkens works well:icon_bigg , err I mean Jergens

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I drive with gloves when it's below 30 degF. There are practical then :p

It's up to you, man, but do you really want to be seen with driving gloves, especially in a Subaru? They're pretencious and silly, no matter how much you can rationalize their practicality.

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's up to you, man, but do you really want to be seen with driving gloves, especially in a Subaru? They're pretencious and silly, no matter how much you can rationalize their practicality.

Egg-zactly.

Sorry - can't help much, but I thought that you'd get a chuckle out of this one. ;)

Worried about your knuckles?

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/apparel%20main/oakley_mtb_factory_pilot_glove.htm

A lot of my Mil/LEO friends are awfully fond of this glove - although the latter group have stepped away from it somewhat due to departmental policy against overly "aggressive" clothing. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I wear driving gloves during the winter, nothing wrong with that when the car is cold.. besides, I am one of those idiots that wear a big jacket, roll down the windows, turn up the heat to the max while driving in the winter... it's refreshing air
Keefe

^ I'm a polar bear - I don't even wear a jacket, just a sweatshirt or sweater. :lol:

I crank up the heat only to keep my hands warm with the windows and moonroof open.

I only look strange when it's snowing out. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wear driving gloves during the winter, nothing wrong with that when the car is cold.. besides, I am one of those idiots that wear a big jacket, roll down the windows, turn up the heat to the max while driving in the winter... it's refreshing air

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//xenonk.gif

mmarton, i am not out to look like The Transporter here. i've stated my reasons, they are practical. i will take gloves off immediately after i leave car (unless i plan on styaing out in the cold for a while). and i do not want RACING gloves, i made that clear. simple black leather ones.

as for the botox, i've been thinking about it hah

jk

i here there is another one where they do something to the sweating gland in the armpit area.

the subject of the matter is gloves or no-gloves, but where to get gloves and what kind.. for those who don't where it, your opinions would be considered off-topic..

Just get some Nomex leather racing gloves.. if you dont like that racer look and want some "isotoners", I suggest you get something with some rubber padding.. nylon on leather steering wheel is slippery, same goes for the refined leather.. you want some rough leather for the driving gloves.

Keefe

If you want to go hiiiiiii end, all the big name Euro brands like Dunhill, Bruno Magli, Bally et al do them. And yes, they can be very comfy ;)

Les see.... Bruno Magli...Bruno Magli... Oh yea, aren't they the gloves endorsed by O. J.?

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Les see.... Bruno Magli...Bruno Magli... Oh yea, aren't they the gloves endorsed by O. J.?

LOL - someone finally noticed :lol: Seriously though, they make really good leather products - I've been using them in winter and on v-long drives for 4 years.

Using gloves or not is totally up to the individual, and I do find on long drives they keep the grip up and help reduce fatigue (first taught that by my driving instructor buddy). Also, they help keep some of the acids off your wheel, extending its life too (if you are keeping the car for a long time, that may be worth a thought).

Then again, I use a wheel skin AND gloves - guess that makes me a wierdo ;)

Each to his own.

It was back around 1990 on an unusually warm early spring day back in my home state of NJ. I'm stuck in traffic on the Garden State Pkwy and I'm rolling next to a hot new Acura NSX. The driver is wearing driving gloves with the straps and little knuckle holes and I'm saying to myself, "How dumb is that?" Especially with power steering, you don't need gloves except for warmth. In that case, you can find anything you need at the mall without spending big bucks. Heck, why not get a Louis Vuitton cargo mat while you're at it?

Archived