LegacyGT.com

Bumper Skin Help

KingSix

I took off the bumper skin to put on a front lip. I put it all back on and it seem to go on pretty easy (should of been red flag #1). Last night I was moving the cars around and I saw the bumper on the driver side stick out some. I looked at it and the clip for some reason came out from behind the wheel. Not a big deal, i got it back in.

The problem I noticed is..the bumper skin near the headlights is loose. I don't remember it being loose like that. Are there clips that the bumper attaches too under the headlights? It was late when I noticed it, so I'll check again when I get home today.

I also installed a new grill. 2 clips and 2 screws and made sure the clip under it was hooked onto the bumper skin.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KingSix

Yea I had a hard time getting mine remounted perfectly after installing my front lip. You gotta get it JUST right to fit perfectly. No real way to explain it though... but when it's in the right spot it will slide/snap in pretty easily.

There's no clips under the headlights per-se, but the bumper will fit in between those brackets and the headlight when it's positioned just right.

My front lip install took like 4 hours. 3.9999 of those was getting the bumper skin remounted correctly and all those pop-its back on. Much knuckle skin was lost during that operation while jamming my hands in the fender wells etc. Good luck.

Ya, I'm having a heck of a time getting it on right. I actually loosened the headlights to get the skin inbetween. For some reason I would get the driver side in ok, but the passenger side would pop out. After about 2 hours of playing with it...I don't think its on correctly. When I look under the headlights, I can see a slight gap and those brackets. Thanks for your help...I'm going to try again later this week.

KingSix

Archived