LegacyGT.com

Increase Borla CBE volume?

rosscarlson

I've got the Borla CBE and a Crucial downpipe - I love the sound, love the low rumble I get out of it. But in short I want more!

But not all the time. What I'm looking for is a way to "open" it when I do a track day but then close it back for street driving. Something like the butterfly gates that are on some of the high end cars (like the new Vette).

Anyone seen anything aftermarket like this? Any suggestions on making her louder??

Thanks!

-Ross

just weld in an electric QTP cutout after the downpipe.. wire up a switch.. open when you want the noise and close when you don't. I'm definitely doing this as soon as I go stage2.

"What exhaust officer?" ;)

I second the cutout/diverter, but I'd weld in a set of chrome smoke stacks, like in a big rig, you know the kind.

Have an exhaust shop weld you up a set of straight pipes to replace the mufflers for track day. Or buy some washers and go hog-zaust style.

i had considered cutting out the resonator when i was stage 1, but once i went stage 2 the volume was perfect for me

get some place to make you a mid-pipe that can replace the Borla mid pipe (basically a flange for the DP and then the other end is just a slip-on)

Archived