LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust on LGT Wagon

EidolonSix

Yes, it will fit.

Yes, the dealer will install it.

Yes, your warranty will still be intact since it is a Subaru Performance Tuning part.

Don't know about power without a tune. I already had a Stage II map loaded when mine was installed. I know it breaths much easier and I can tell you that it will sound and look great.

Let's kick this pig!

I thought the SPT set-up was sedan specific??

I'm sure you could have the tips lengthened either at a muffler shop or the dealer install, but I think it would be short of the bumper to just bolt it up.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

My bad. I thought it would fit the wagon too out of the box, but your right it would have to be lengthened. The tips are really nice and are welded on, so It might be a little work getting them off and stretched.

Doesanyone know if it's the Midpipe or the mufflers that are different for the wagon?

Let's kick this pig!

^ I just checked my computer here at work and the mufflers are different

and the midpipe is different as well.If you want part numbers just say so...

I want part numbers.

What are the part numbers for the midpipe of the sedan and the wagon?

Isn't the whole point of the SPT, or any other cat back, that the pipes are bigger, and allow more flow. I know the mufflers are the major restriction at the far end, but really, I'm still waiting for boostjunkie to get the megan wagon fit in production. I'm not expecting SPT to come out with a wagon version, since the wagon is now discontinued...

Well, it took them 2 years to produce the 05-07 SPT Sedan setup so maybe just maybe the wagon setup is on the way.

I was just wondering if you would be able to use the SPT midpipe(sell off the sedan mufflers) and buy some wagon mufflers that bolt up to stock exhaust and make a hybrid system. When I changed out my OE CBE it looked like the stock mufflers would fit on the SPT pipe.

Does Perrin make a wagon exhaust?

Let's kick this pig!

At least I got a quick reply... Kinda feel like the red-headed orphaned stepchild now..

Quoted from my email:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message!

I am sorry, but there are no plans to develop an SPT exhaust system

for the 2005+ Legacy GT Wagon models. Mainly, since there are a very

limited number of Legacy GT Wagons in production, and also because

this model is no longer produced so there would not be much of a

future for such a product.

At this time, we only offer an exhaust system upgrade for the Legacy

GT Sedan models, 2005 and up. Thank you for your message and if you

have any other questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

I have the SPT exhaust on my 05 LGT Wagon. The tips don't stick out to the end of the bumper, but otherwise fits just fine.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I have the SPT exhaust on my 05 LGT Wagon. The tips don't stick out to the end of the bumper, but otherwise fits just fine.

Can you post a pic or two??, Thanks

Hi SubiGT,

Did you or a non-subaru source install the SPT exhaust or did the dealer agree to install it?

Also....any heat damage to the bumper at the ends of the mufflers?

Thanks

I bought the exhaust used from another member-Thanks Mike!!! I do all of my own installs. It is about the easiest thing to install, anyways. I was under the car for less then an hour, and that includes putting her up on the jackstands.

No heat damage I have noticed.

Pics:

035small.jpg.fcee52026062a895e0bee555b1807034.jpg

036small.jpg.45f32ffb92cfc3f7b058b139a53c37c5.jpg

037small.jpg.131e23c4a8cf4f3662c8361aed912e68.jpg

It rained yesterday, so no grief about the dirt!!;)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I bought the exhaust used from another member-Thanks Mike!!! I do all of my own installs. It is about the easiest thing to install, anyways. I was under the car for less then an hour, and that includes putting her up on the jackstands.

No heat damage I have noticed.

This looks like the SPT v1 Catback. My v2 has tips that are a little longer than this one.

Let's kick this pig!

This looks like the SPT v1 Catback. My v2 has tips that are a little longer than this one.

Not too sure, but I don't have SPT engraved on the tips. Was told that meant v2? Price was right.......

Sounds wayyyyy better then stock, and somewhat better then the Hogzawst I was running No droning, no clips.

Archived