LegacyGT.com

P0700 and P1718 help

I posted this over on the outback forums but figured the more brains i have on this the better. thanks in advance for checking it out.

"I saw the P0700 in the reference guide and its definition matches my receipt from autozone. AT MIL light up request. Probable cause Check TCM for service codes.

The P1718 receipt says AT CAN communication circuit.

I am working on a 2008 OBW with the 5eat and 12k mileage. Autozone wont clear the codes for me and i have tried using a laptop with software (romraider)designed too do it and the lights dummy lights wont go away for so much as a second. I have the blinking cruise (duh) CEL (duh) and VDC light on as well as the (S) for SI drive blinking.

I have been working under the dash installing some switches and tapping into various wires and have had different harnesses unplugged over the course of time. None of those seemed to effect anything until after i started the car up with the harness that controls the dashboard (everything, tach, rpm, lights ect) unplugged. It was shortly after that incident we noticed the dummy lights.

Is it possible i actually fried something or more than likely just killed a fuse/relay? Or possible the computer program cant clear CEL's like subaru can? I checked the obvious fuses under the dash and in the engine compartment and all seemed fine. I did monkey with the relay for the fog lights thats next to the interior fuse panel under the dash as well as the relay directly above that one but i have no diagram to tell me what they control.

Any ideas? And does Autozone/Adavanced Auto parts have the ability to clear these codes and just won't or can their scanners just not do it. I might be able to get a guy to do it but though i would find out if it is possible and if it would do any harm to try that before actually doing it ( i assume if there really is a problem then it either wont clear or will just simply come back rather soon).

Thanks"

• 2 months later...

Archived