LegacyGT.com

Innovate Wideband O2 Questions

DaveWilson

I've come across a reasonably priced, used Innovate LC-1 with a gauge and I've got a few questions. First a little bit about the gauge for sale: It was purchased by the owner in 2011. It was installed for about 10 hours to dyno/tune a twin turbo vette.

I realize there is a newer LC-2 wideband controller but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference in the function of the controller, am I wrong?

What is there to look for when buying a used wideband? Is there anything I can do to check the gauge/sensor out of the car? Can I give it power it up and look for a lean reading?

I plan on leaving the gauge in the car most of the time, should I just save my money and get the MTX-L, or maybe a LC-2 and gauge?

Lastly can my car get covette cooties or is it safe since it lives in the exhaust? :p

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave

Follow their free air calibration and make sure the sensor is not mounted too close to the turbo or the sensor will die quickly. The LC-1 indicates richer than the actual AFR, even when the calibration procedure is performed, so keep that in mind. ie. if the sensor reads 10.6 at WOT, it's probably actually closer to 11.0.

Archived