LegacyGT.com

Factory Racks, 98 Legacy GT wagon

Hey everyone,

I have a rack question. I have 98 Legacy GT wagon with factory racks and I want to figure out how to utilize them rather than just buying a whole thule or Yakima system. I would like to use a ski system and a bike system.

So what are my options? I have seen some same gen Legacys running around with ski racks that say Subaru on them that are mounted to the factory cross bars, how hard are these to obtain? Also, I have 2 thule bike trays with the mounts that I would like to use. Any factory options to adapt these?

Does anyone know of any adapters or ways to rig stuff up so I can use the racks I already have without buying more expensive Thule stuff? I am going head to the hardware store and search for some parts that might work.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had some awesome ideas.

Hey everyone,

I have a rack question. I have 98 Legacy GT wagon with factory racks and I want to figure out how to utilize them rather than just buying a whole thule or Yakima system. I would like to use a ski system and a bike system.

So what are my options? I have seen some same gen Legacys running around with ski racks that say Subaru on them that are mounted to the factory cross bars, how hard are these to obtain? Also, I have 2 thule bike trays with the mounts that I would like to use. Any factory options to adapt these?

Does anyone know of any adapters or ways to rig stuff up so I can use the racks I already have without buying more expensive Thule stuff? I am going head to the hardware store and search for some parts that might work.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had some awesome ideas.

I work with someone who is distro for Thule and Yakima, if im not mistaken, both companies make a retro fit bar that goes from across both factory rails. Ill double check with him and let you know what he finds/recommends

Archived