LegacyGT.com

'08 spec b horsepower & torque options

The new SPT exhaust is pretty nice but the intake.......:rolleyes:

I had no issues with my warranty while I had a larger turbo on the car. Has everything to do with how mod friendly your dealer is;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

If in the case I am offered a very aggressive trade-in to go with a newer Subaru, I would go with the '08 and have the Megan Racing exhaust installed at the time of purchase, along with a good set of 225/45/17 all-season tires. Those where the two things I wish I had done with my Legacy, but won't do it now, as I have less than 1 year left with my current Legacy.

i look at the quality of products vs the $$$. i want the best bang for my buck, but i will have to say the quality of the SPT exhaust (not having seen the MR one but comparing to the MR DP i have) is by far much more superior. my tech is throwing away the new MR DP i just got... i thought it was fine, but he insists it needs replacing (with his own custom handy work). not sure if it's just him wanting to play with his welder or if he does in fact feel the MR DP is somehow inadequate.

the SPT intake is noisy and somewhat annoying. i would get rid of it, but the car is tuned for it and i don't want to throw anything off. I think if i cut out the piece from the heatshield to put the snorkus back on, i should see a little better air flow (not hot air from the engine).

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

the dealer service dept cannot void your warranty. they can only deny warranty claims if the modification you made caused failure to another part. this is the most common misconception they dealers like to give. if you have an educated and business savvy dealer service/parts dept, they will know this. luckily, i have one. in fact, i'll be picking up a few cobb, tein, and sparco parts today for the cars.

so if i replace the intake I get how much horsepower and how much more with the exhaust? From what I'm reading the intake cause a lot more noise on the car-right?

don't waste your money on an intake. it will not do much for the car until you go larger turbo and can tune for it. it just makes noise.

Archived