LegacyGT.com

Rota Grid?

starionesir

I am looking at buying a set of the rota grids in 18" and was looking to see where other people have purchased there rims from? Looking to find the best deal I can. What is the widest rim and tire we can run on the legacy without having to roll or pull fenders? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

what my buddy does it google the size, so like Rota Grid 5x100 18x9.5 and then hit "more-->shopping" and it will list all the ones it finds for sale.

I'd also check eBay, they usually have nice tire/wheel package deals.

I bought my XXR's for $1075 shipped with brand new federal tires, yes fed tires are cheap BUT stance ruins tires anyways.

-if you don't want to pull or roll fenders, I would run a 7.5-8.0" wheel with a 35 or higher offset and the tire being super skinny, like a 205. You can then not worry about rubbing and lower to your desire.

damn you got ripped off on the xxrs

xxrs = $450

federal = $350

my xxr aren't normal sized like you Subaru guys on this forum run, I'm that asshole who bought 18x9.75 +20 offset ones, mounted balanced with lug nuts AND hub centric rings. Yeah bro, I got SCAMMMED :rolleyes:

The wheeldude was the only place besides ebay that I could find them as well which is why I posted this here. Figured there would be more distributors then that. Places like tire rack and other big rim companys didn't carry rota as one of there brands. What was involved with rolling the fenders? I've never done it or had it done. Is it something you can do yourself or does a body shop need to do it?

rings are 5 bucks a set, lugs are 20, just because it's 9.75 it's still around $400 bucks

5 bucks a set? bahaha, please sir, DO find me it, PM me it if you need. Don't bash me because I helped OP out as much as i could instead of my being a cock smooch like you who simply says "wow pathetic, search"

just stop...kill yourself.

Starionesir- TRY like I said go to google, type in the wheel. 5x100 Rota Grids and click google shopping, see what it brings up, I know some more sites carry that wheel 100%. Also some members on here might have a used set, take a look on here as well.

Rolling fenders can be done at home, but it's hard unless you have the fender rolling tool. Some people will use a heat gun and a baseball bat to roll a fender, which can completely destroy a fender, but some manage to do it perfectly.

Here is a video of how I got mine done, same tool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_9QQdTrHE]How to Roll a Fender - Lexus ISF (Making room for wider tires) - YouTube[/ame]

Here is rolling fender with baseball bat or similar and how unsafe it can be

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LdDAa6TNWE&feature=related]Guard rolling gone wrong - YouTube[/ame]

• Moderators
it's an expression from a popular "meme", welcome to the internet of 2012.

Oh, that's better then. Glad you chose to take a second to post a meme so we would all know you're just being funny. Thanks for clearing that up.

BTW, WTF is a meme?!?!?

:lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

http://t.qkme.me/3qc53x.jpg

oh do forgive me for not posting it, I was busy helping someone <3. or trying to.

http://funnypicturesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/pregnant-likes-kill-youself-funny.jpg

one more example, just because I feel nice today.

It's not my fault that you're wheels can actually fit on my car and not look completely and utterly retarded.

Don't worry I'll kill myself.

pfft, you won't! Why? Because you have proper sizes unlike me, my ultra stretched ass tires will peel off and I shall spin out of control. ;)

p.s.- it's YOUR not YOU'RE but yes, retarded...seems legit.

i've had them on since...uhh Thursday last week so, 6 days and they are fine. They take bumps really good, it's just they look funky...and wtf I would never buy wheels where I would RAISE my damn car, I admit if I can go back I would opt for the 18x8.75 +35 XXR's but now I'll just do fender flares and hope for the best.

• 3 weeks later...

op if you dont get 18x9.5 dont bother getting it imo they look better bigger and 8.0/8.5 isnt that big the spokes are straight not sticking out or curved inward.

i did get great deal on xxr from driftmotion hook up (i think i got little lower price then what he said here cuz "cash is king") with out being on waiting list but its cuz i was local and picked up. i did spend around $1k+ for roll, align, 2 diff. locks, rings, tires, and gas lol...

what ever you pay or get just love and enjoy it

Archived