LegacyGT.com

GT E-tune??

Hows it going everyone, new to the site, I recently purchased 2001 GT E-tune legacy manual gearbox of course, I have owned two Impreza wrx sti before, but first time Legacy owner. I already have question or two,

First question is can anyone tell me the the difference in e-tune model to other models?? I have searched everywhere with no soild info

Well i don't know if your trying to be funny but....Vehicle Identification Number= vin#..located on top of the das close to the window on whichever side the steering wheel is. Or there is an information plaque on one of the front strut towers.

Hows it going everyone, new to the site, I recently purchased 2001 GT E-tune legacy manual gearbox of course, I have owned two Impreza wrx sti before, but first time Legacy owner. I already have question or two,

First question is can anyone tell me the the difference in e-tune model to other models?? I have searched everywhere with no soild info

Hello,

E-Tune = Economy Tune :lol:

-E-Tune models comes in different Revisions A-C and Revision D. If you look inside your engine bay try to find a plate, it should say BH5C etc. That would refer to Rev C type/model. In between the years the revisions changed and along with that some body parts (Especially the Hood/bonnet), suspension and maybe the ECU and turbos? Rev A-C 2000-2001, Rev D is 2001-2003 or 2004? I hope this helped. If any members have more to add please do so.

Hello,

-E-Tune models comes in different Revisions A-C and Revision D. If you look inside your engine bay try to find a plate, it should say BH5C etc. That would refer to Rev C type/model. In between the years the revisions changed and along with that some body parts (Especially the Hood/bonnet), suspension and maybe the ECU and turbos? Rev A-C 2000-2001, Rev D is 2001-2003 or 2004? I hope this helped. If any members have more to add please do so.

Thanks best info I have got so far, the economy bit is funny tho because she is very thirsty :lol: I've added a picture

image.thumb.jpg.91532b2f9f5a93180465c583c96b27e7.jpg

Hello,

This is the breakdown of Japanese types/model breaks/"revisions":

1998 = A type

1999 = B type

2000 until June 2001 = C type

June 2001-2002 = D type

There was also a 2003 Blitzen which was also D type BE or BH, but the rest of the 2003 models were A-type BP/BL chassis.

D type was a major refresh for the model line which consisted of, among other things, a Front end facelift and many significant engine and transmission changes. Most of the suspension was unchanged between the types other than the options available and some bracing. There were some minor changes between the other types as well, but the C to D transition was by far the most significant.

As for this E-tune, is there a Bilstein logo below the GT on the liftgate? If so, then you have a GT-B E-tune.. B is for Bilstein.

This is the breakdown of Japanese types/model breaks/"revisions":

1998 = A type

1999 = B type

2000 until June 2001 = C type

June 2001-2002 = D type

There was also a 2003 Blitzen which was also D type BE or BH, but the rest of the 2003 models were A-type BP/BL chassis.

D type was a major refresh for the model line which consisted of, among other things, a Front end facelift and many significant engine and transmission changes. Most of the suspension was unchanged between the types other than the options available and some bracing. There were some minor changes between the other types as well, but the C to D transition was by far the most significant.

As for this E-tune, is there a Bilstein logo below the GT on the liftgate? If so, then you have a GT-B E-tune.. B is for Bilstein.

Yea I know for sure that I have a Type D, didn't know subaru changed so much on it tho, as for Bilstein part not to sure if badge was taken off or what! ! I have fully adjustable Tein coilovers so I'm not to bothered if I dont have Bilstein suspension.

Great info again tho thanks !!!:)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Thanks best info I have got so far, the economy bit is funny tho because she is very thirsty :lol: I've added a picture

Lovely car Connor.

I'm the owner of the same model, it's sinced been single turbo'd and had extensive work done :spin: I know these cars very well now and can tell you that the colour that we have is the rare copper mica. Prodrive took a very limited number of the etune 2's off the line pre paint and painted them in this colour. I'm in the UK and know that only a handful made it here.

Looking at yours, you also have the optional extra lip on the front which are very sort after now and its hard to tell but it looks like the hipposleek rear spoiler.

Thought i'd shed some more light on your car if you still had questions :)

I am the owner of the same model GT-B e-tune but somehow I don't have a vin number. It's not visible on the plate under the hood. Is there any where else it could be. I was told its jdm model[ATTACH]237779[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wow, beautiful car...I am jealous. we arnt lucky enough to get those cars here in the us although they are amazing cars!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Anyone have a stock parts list for this Car, It is hard to get the correct parts in Canada.

Same with this one, congrats and you are very lucky to own one of these, I have been a huge fan of this body style and dream of the day to own a B4 blitzen....I just got to see a 22B in person....US never gets any of the cool cars...:spin:

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I am the owner of the same model GT-B e-tune but somehow I don't have a vin number. It's not visible on the plate under the hood. Is there any where else it could be. I was told its jdm model[ATTACH]237779[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VIN number should be in front window passenger side. If it's JDM won't have rear fog light, will most likely have folding mirrors, Japanese sticker at the top of the windscreen and Japanese writing on the sun visors. A few obvious signs of a JDM model I believe. I'm guessing it would show on some documentation, if it's present, that it's been imported.

It has the VIN stamped to the firewall, kind of on the drivers side up behind the engine or intercooler. It also should be on a plate on the passenger side strut tower under the hood.

I have seen two 3rd gen Japanese cars in person, and neither one had a VIN plate on the dash.

You mentioned that the plate does not have a VIN... Keep in mind that Japanese VINs are different from other countries. It would be something like BH5-010000

Archived