LegacyGT.com

Spec B #10 At Feder's In Middletown, Ny

ralphyralph5

Guest *Jedimaster*
its much cheaper at kolb...i think i could get it for 33 or so.

But then, it'll have the Spec BS badge on it :lol: People actually buying from Bill Kolb, after reading about them on the internets=teh lose

Guest *Jedimaster*
At Bill Kolb, I believe the Spec is short for Speculum, which is what they use to pry you open after you buy your car.

Actually everyone I know that has bought there besides you has loved going there. All of my friends with Subies turbo or not love their sales person and the service dept. Their prices are hard to beat too. Everyone that I send to Dominic over there only tells me they can't wait to get their next Subaru! I'm sorry that you had a bad experiance there Jedi, I have read it over and over, and there is no excuse for what happened to you, but unfortunately there are stories similar to yours at just about every dealership out there. There is always a customer that may have a problem small or large with any dealership.

I bought two cars from a dealer in Chestnut Ridge, the only reason was because I liked the sales guy, the service dept and finance and everyone else sucked. But just because I think that doesnt mean everyone else does too. I know many people who have bought cars from that dealership over and over again.

So, yes, I know you have had a bad experiance, but why bad mouth them over and over again.

As far as the Spec B goes, I am definately not a fan. For the extra money, I could put better aftermarket parts in and not only make it handle better, but faster too. But if someone is looking for a stock car that does exactly what the Spec B does and likes that silver color, then more power to them.

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's not bad mouthing when it's the truth- then it's posting useful information so others don't get assraped as well. I've never been treated that poorly for a major purchase. My salesman was great- his name is Sarem. But Maryann Kolb did not do right by me and I'll say it as many times as I feel it needs to be said. Or as many times as Bill bastardizes another new model. :lol:

Gotcha...well its too bad, because from what I have seen, besides you, everyone else I know has been happy with their sales and service. I am also very happy with the X package on my Legacy. Even at my cost, the parts would have cost me close to the same amount, plus the installation, most of which I would have done myself, but it still costs time. It was a great deal in my book. I do agree he has gone a little far with the dealer installed packages, but they all make sense. I didn't want a sunroof, but I did want leather, and I love the two tone suede. Anyway, I understand your point, and I will always point out that there are two sides to every situation. Unfortunately you got fu@&ed and you have a mouth too lol. See you at the next Subie meet!:)

Anyone else here think the Spec B is overpriced and not worth the money?

Guest *Jedimaster*

So I stopped in and looked at #10 today. I walked away unimpressed- what's so special about the silver? Other than the fact that the paint job on my silver wagon is nicer? Pretty sickening to see the price marked up to 38 grand- there's a sign printed form MS Word that says it's marked up due to the minited number. The salesguy told me all dealers are marking up their Spec B's. He wasn't happy when I told him my buddy's dad just bought one at invoice :lol:

The red leather looks like it's faded- especially with the brighter red stitching. Ah well- there's one for every seat, isn't there?

Archived