LegacyGT.com

Best spring and shock/strut combo that is not bouncy?

JesseFourOh

Hi all, I am looking for recommendations on springs that will lower the car around an inch and a half, and a good shock/strut combo that will work well with them.

I have a 2005 GT Limited sedan that I just put H&R springs in, with brand new KYB GR2s(those had just been put in the car before I acquired it). The springs are not rough, but they are bouncy -- I feel like a a 17 yr old that just cut 3 coils out of the springs on his Civic, or some old dude that has blown out airbags on his Lincoln. If I had 3" of drop I would expect that, but not with 1 1/4" of drop.

That said, I just bought a 2005 GT Limited wagon with a 5spd, the shocks are shot, and the rear springs are all sagged out -- so I need to replace them.

Again looking for 1 1/2" or so of drop, and I don't want it to be bouncy. Also, I am assuming a wagon has stiffer springs in the back -- can sedan springs be run with a spacer?

The problem is not the springs, it is that the shocks are not up to the task. Konis are best paired with H&R springs, but you will still feel some increased harshness simply due to the fact that you have taken away nearly half of the compression travel available to the front suspension. However with Konis it will not be bouncy once dialed-in.

Archived