LegacyGT.com

invidia downpipe

hbboarder87

so im lookin to go stage 2 on my o7 lgt invidia seems to be the best bang for the buck. anyone have anything to say about this? im running and evo2 system and currently looking to buy an invidia dp for $300. what do you all think? cobb is a little outta my league right now cuz i just got the AP. share your secrets.

I installed one on my car. If you read around some people were having fitment problems with the pipe bending back towards the heat shield and touching where it connects to the catback, iirc. I didn't have that issue when I installed mine though. It's definitely higher than where the stock pipe sat but not touching/rubbing. I have the catless version. Mines mated up to a Perrin mid/y with stock cans.

If you check some vendors you could probably get a better deal than $300 for a catless. Try e-mailing JSCSpeed. They are great in my book.

if you look around you will see mixed reviews. seem to be more positive than negative tho. i will be going with an invidia catless in a few weeks so i cannot speak for it yet. try thekingofparts.com too. you could prob call and get a better price, especially if you are buying more stuff, which is what ill be doin. some fitment comments in here...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84927

The piece itself in nice, but I had fitment issues with my Megan catback. It was not all the fault of the DP, as the Megan had known fitment issues, but it required a longer hanger be welded into the DP to resolve, and I still can't use the Megan flex mid-pipe due to it causing loud noises when it bangs against my driveshaft.

So, there you have it.

I have had a catless invidia dp on my 08 for a couple months now. I dont have any fitment problems and it has worked fine for me. I have the stock catback too.

Stock catback has that donut, spring-set connection to the DP. It is a lot more forgiving than an aftermarket setup.

anyone else have a similar problem that they are having in this thread. mine is arriving today

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1812039#post1812039

No problems at all for me with Cobb Stage 2 map. Hitting 16.5 psi and haven't heard any rattles, etc.

Yeah that invidia dp is made very very well. My issue with it apparently is not very common at all. Good luck with your set up. Btw hbboarder whats up with those tail pipes they look like they stick out a lot.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived