LegacyGT.com

Best STI pink springs for spec.B

mad99

I pretty much agree with what others have said about the pink springs. Ride quality is not too harsh and handling feels a lot tighter with less roll, squat, and dive. There is still some body roll during very hard cornering, so I might upgrade by rear sway bar, too. My buddy here recommends the Whiteline roll center correction kit, which I'll probably do also. I do recommend getting the wagon springs (part # ends in 1010 front and back) for even fenderwell gaps all around.

This is my first mod to any car, so I can't really compare to other brands of springs, but I'm very happy with these. Want to stay OEM with this car, so didn't really have any alternatives, haha.

• 5 weeks later...
I have to totally recommend making the switch to Pinks over stockers. Would never go back. The part numbers I used are listed in a few posts back if anyone is interested.

so, which pink spring (parts no.?) are you using pls?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Has anyone done any of this to their GT? I have an 09 LGT MT with jdm Bilstiens and stock springs. I am redoing my entire setup with new Bilstiens and hopefully Pink Springs. I can not find the springs in different fronts and rears.

I found this

https://www.amazon.com/STI-COIL-SPRING-R-ST2038021000/dp/B075VX2KXF

But it only has the pair

from what I read I need

Front: ST2033021010 (GT Sedan Manual)

Rear: ST2038021000 (GT Sedan Manual)

Would it be a problem to put

Front: ST2033021000 (GT Sedan Auto)

Rear: ST2038021000 (GT Sedan Manual)

Would it lift my front end since its made for more weight?

or

Front: ST2033021010 (GT Sedan Auto)

Rear: ST2038021010 (GT Sedan Manual)

would this lift the rear?

Thanks everyone

Edited by sambo

Assuming you’ve read up on the Bible here to find those numbers:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-jdm-oem-suspension-61108.html

Unclemat has compiled more info on that thread than can be covered in any single post. Yes, the spring rates will be slightly different for mt and at. Most owners correct any lift/drop with spacers and wheel size. You may get some response posting a ‘want to buy’ ad. Plenty members swapping out and selling their suspensions. Some online jdm vendors to look into include japanparts dot com, nengun performance, and member vendors like HKC speed or even Image Import Racing. You should be able to find precisely what you want armed with correct part numbers.

Read up on that link, though. The suspension you have sounds good to me. I swapped into jdm Bilsteins w wagon specific pinks. Now I read again and found he suggests the jdm stock spec b springs were better than pinks in his opinion. Lots of gems in there. Including the fact that STI pinks don’t pair well with USDM Bilsteins, even the H6. So, you’ve got the jdm Bilsteins already. Any issues? If not, upgrade the springs and you’re set. Also, adding a location to your profile can help people refer you to local options and shipping considerations.