LegacyGT.com

Throttle induced overstear (LGTL5MT)

I seem to be able to kick the rear-end out pretty easily.

Is it the RE92's or the way the AWD works in conjucntion with the LSRD or what?

I'm not saying I've ever ended up heading the wrong direction, it always let's me reign it in - I'd just like to understand the why's and wherefores....

Yea, Great isn't it. Got to love all that HP and cold pavement. With AP and MBC I have lots of extra HP. I have posted different examples on this site before. Be careful if you slip the clutch a bit and let the rev's go to about 3500 and then dump the clutch. Try it, it's awesome. When you get good at it then try it with the front wheels turned like your pulling out from a intersection. The car will power slide nicely. COOL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yup, good old Subaru power-on oversteer.

If your tail gets out, keep your foot on the gas, don't lift it (don't mash the gas either). The front wheels will take over and pull you out of most oversteers.

It'll take a little getting used to, but it's a blast to drive.

One of the many great reasons I like the snow... I've been able to really practice the slow lift throttle situations, like getting on the gas, then a little off to get the fronts to bite, then way off to get the back to come around, and then back on with the wheels pointed in the direction I wanna go.

Was able to get a few higher speed runs in where the front and back slide a little out of tune, then get in sync and away I go in the direction I want. Tough to teach myself to keep some gas on. I'm learning, and it is good. :D

-B

The RE92's suck but they make snow driving interesting by turning the drive to the store into a drift course. :lol:

Hit the nail on the head with that one, I've been driv'n around in our 30+ inches of snow yank'n the e-brake to get around sharp corners and such........This thing drifts so well with the RE92's.....

The RE92's suck but they make snow driving interesting by turning the drive to the store into a drift course. :lol:

For sure, any snow covered corner I go around, blip the throttle and I feel like im in the WRC wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

For sure, any snow covered corner I go around, blip the throttle and I feel like im in the WRC wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Yeah, just be careful with that. Mailboxes are closer than they appear.... :eek:

Yeah, just be careful with that. Mailboxes are closer than they appear.... :eek:

Yeah no shit, sometimes depending on the road conditions its harder to control the drift so I try to only do it on wide streets, but still a bit of careful throttle application and the tail slides out nice and smooth and is easily brought in...wheee

It is.(bad to pull the ebrake)

If you pull the parking brake, you will have the front side of the diff spinning significantly faster than the rear ( since the rear has been stopped ). The response of the diff is to tighten up and force torque to the rear, which "looks" like it has more traction. The fact that it can't would most likely overheat the coupling and could potentially cause a center diff failure.

Two observations, based largely or completely on opinion:

• Doing this stunt now and again, and/or for short periodsof time probably won't cause problems (conjecture), though it is a bad habit to get into (fact).
  • Why even use the parking brake, when the gas pedal will accomplish the same thing, only funnerer??!:D

Archived