LegacyGT.com

How roomy is Legacy

Hi All,

I need your advise...

I have a family of three and we are going to become a family of four by the end of the year.

Is Legacy comfy enough to have a newborn in his child seat and a 10 years old boy sit together?

Thank you,

Yes.

But some have mentioned that you can't

fit a baby seat on the back seat, turned face backward (baby faces

the back of car) without moving the front seat forward quite a bit.

I could be wrong, but check it out before you buy/lease.

You know, I never thougth about such position of the baby seat.

I believe I may put the seat facing forward, may not I?

That depends on where you live. If you are in the U.S. state laws can be found here:

http://www.hwysafety.org/safety_facts/state_laws/restrain2.htm

Supposedly rear facing seats are the safest.

I don't know how I ever made it to 32 without a .gov nanny.

You know, I never thougth about such position of the baby seat.

I believe I may put the seat facing forward, may not I?

/rant on

Most state laws MANDATE that a child below the age fo one is rear facing and this is a good law. Infants do not have sufficient muscle development in their neck to absorb the shock of an accident while facing forward. When rear facing, the infant's back will absorb the shock while minimizing a rebound effect. I strongly support these laws and look at it as one of the few areas I am glad the government involves itself in my life. I can't stand when I see someone with a baby in a car or truck without a car seat.

rant off/

Let us know if you actually test it as I have two children, age two and four. I am able to fit both in my acura, but I am lusting after the Legacy.

I don't have 3 let alone 4! But I do have 2, a 2 1/2 yr old, and a 5 mth old. I have one rear facing, and 1 in a booster. They fit just fine, plenty of room to spare between them, well maybe not plenty, but enough for a small 15lb dog to sit. I have a sedan, but a wagon shouldn't be any different.

I do have the passenger seat moved forward enough to clear the rear facing infant seat, I am 6'1" 250lb(not petite), and I can sit in the pass seat without an issue.

My other vehicle is an 05 Odyssey, wife's car, and it sure comes in handy for longer trips.....

I don't have 3 let alone 4! But I do have 2, a 2 1/2 yr old, and a 5 mth old. I have one rear facing, and 1 in a booster. They fit just fine, plenty of room to spare between them, well maybe not plenty, but enough for a small 15lb dog to sit. I have a sedan, but a wagon shouldn't be any different.

I do have the passenger seat moved forward enough to clear the rear facing infant seat, I am 6'1" 250lb(not petite), and I can sit in the pass seat without an issue.

My other vehicle is an 05 Odyssey, wife's car, and it sure comes in handy for longer trips.....

Yeah, we have a 04 Nissan Quest and I have softened my hatred for mini-vans. They sure make a difference with kids.

even in a sedan, there is PLENTY of room in the back seat.. I was able to comfortably chauffeur 3 other adults through a 6-hour drive during one of my vactions. plenty of leg room for the two guys who were more than 6' tall. If you use the back seat floor space right, your 10-year son will have plenty of room for his food and drinks and not to mention all the toys he can play with back there.

Keefe

Keefe

I have a family of four (kids 6 & 2) and the sedan. The rear seat is tight not much more space then the WRX. With two car seats, no room for an adult unless you sit sideways or are one of the Olson Twins. Also the little one's seat with the bar that swings overhead and locks in front must be placed in the middle as there is not enough clearence to place in the outboard seats. This means you have to wrestle with the cute little bundle to get them safely buckeled in, before they jump to another seat, try not to throw out your back.

Guest JessterCPA

I have a car seat in the back (Britax Roundabout). While rear facing, I did need to move the front seat forward a bit in order to get the recline angle correct on the Britax. About 2 weeks ago, I switched to forward facing, so that inconvenience was eliminated. There is plenty of room back there for anyone else to sit with the car seat installed.

As a side note, my mother in law insists that there is more room in my LGT's back seat than in the TSX, even though the LGT's doors are narrower (do not include the small window).

Jesse

meier motor sports needs to find his own image host. oofah.

I deleted it. Guys - always doublecheck when you hotlink to make sure this doesn't happen.

Thanks,

Dan

I have a family of four (kids 6 & 2) and the sedan. The rear seat is tight not much more space then the WRX. With two car seats, no room for an adult unless you sit sideways or are one of the Olson Twins. Also the little one's seat with the bar that swings overhead and locks in front must be placed in the middle as there is not enough clearence to place in the outboard seats. This means you have to wrestle with the cute little bundle to get them safely buckeled in, before they jump to another seat, try not to throw out your back.

I beg to disagree. I have a one year-old boy sitting in one of those seat with bar swinging overhead and locking up front and it is installed on the outboard seat. The swinging arm does brush a little against the top portion of the inside car frame when I raise the bar, but that is not a problem at all, when it is down, it clears as good as any other baby seat.

Of course, I have a wagon, but I don't think this should make such a big difference with the sedan, doesn't it ? Or am I wrong?

• 1 month later...
The older child is in a booster type car seat w/5 point harness. I put this seat on the outside if left in the middle it forces the other seat to be pushed over and swing arm does not fully extend because of clearence issue in outboard location.

I wanted to leave an outboard seat for another passenger but if your greater then 10yrs old or more then 80lbs that would be cruel. We use the wife's SUV when mother in law comes along and make her ride in third row :lol: .

Archived