LegacyGT.com

Michelin Power Tools

Hey guys, it's been a while since i saw this set of power tool in Costco, but i havent really pay attention to it.

I think it's a 80 dollar set tool, the set include a lot of stuff, just check out the photo for the list.

Just wanted to ask you guy's opinion about this, is it a good set of tool to have, and is the impact wrench powerful enough?

DSC00442.thumb.jpg.bdbbc1712f7bf5da5100e927b5d4aa56.jpg

DSC00443.thumb.jpg.9aa7732b95203c7ddbddc7891fe1cb1b.jpg

DSC00444.thumb.jpg.427a7875193dc465c1710989122e1eff.jpg

so does that mean these kits are just toys? They are not even capable of switching tires?

Consider i dont know anything about air tool nor switching tires, do you think i should still own a set of these?

If i switch tires myself, is it gonna be just like how they do it in shop?

Do i have to worry about balancing?

Found a ebay link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michelin-66pc-Air-Tool-Set-Wrench-Ratchet-Grinder_W0QQitemZ330066359506QQcmdZViewItem

With a impact wrench 230 ft/lbs of torque is very little. You will be much happier spending a little more and getting one with 420 ft/lbs. Believe me you will notice the difference. You will hardly ever use the die grinder. My advice to you would be to buy only what you need but get the best you can afford as it will pay off in the long run.

How often do you need to torque wheels to 420ft-lbs? :S

When you take apart anything that Subaru put together that supposedly requires only 90 ft/lbs.

Seriously, to drain my rear-diff (was gonna say rear-end:lol:) my 400 ft/lb gun wouldn't do it. A mechanics 650 ft/lb one barely did it.:confused:

Hey Ambivalence,

just get a hefty 1/2" breaker bar and 6 foot pipe.... a 230 lb-ft impact gun isn't terribly useful. It is nice to have one if you are working on cars every day but you can usually lay down more torque with a big pipe + BFH. If you get the one from Crappy-Tire, don't get the smaller 1/2" bar... I've broken two of them and bent a third. The only useful impact gun I've ever used was a borrowed 3/4" drive Snap-on rated 1600 ft-lbs.

Archived