LegacyGT.com

Um... Horn at 120MPH? Can i make it go away?

So wanted to speed test my 09 3.0r tonight and when i hit 120mph the horn started going off. Kind of freaked me out at first as i thought someone was next to me hitting their horn but there was no one there. Is this a safety feature or something? Can i make it go away? Not saying i go that fast that often but if i do i dont really want to attract more attention to myself.

Jesus Christ, I have driven 120+ only a few times and I know from experience you have a extra sensitive sense of things. The F-in horn going off by itself would have made me piss myself...lol Something like that could get someone killed....

And no, I have no idead why it does that or how to fix it...Sorry bro.

i'm fairly certain this 'horn' you are talking about is just the wind hitting your air intake at the right angle. I've heard it a few times just going 65mph if there is a strong enough cross wind

i dunno about that, it was a distinctive horn sound, and came on right when i hit 120 as i was trying to video tape it, and went off when i got to about 116. Unless mother nature is hiring Wolo to do her job then i could have been wind noise. Ill have to try it again and see if its different but if it really is the horn im gonna have to get that "fixed"

Has your windshield ever been replaced?

On my last car they forgot a small piece after replacing the windshield. When I hit about 110km/hr it sounded like the horn went off. The wind was getting in where it shouldn't have been.

You could try honking the horn yourself while you hear the noise. I'd make sure my car was well maintained before doing a bunch of 120 mph rips though. Little problems are much more serious at high speeds and even though it feels smooth, a tire blowout or something at that speed can get ugly real fast.

Or you could leave your camera on the seat and record, you don't need the video just the sound right?

You could try honking the horn yourself while you hear the noise. I'd make sure my car was well maintained before doing a bunch of 120 mph rips though. Little problems are much more serious at high speeds and even though it feels smooth, a tire blowout or something at that speed can get ugly real fast.

Or you could leave your camera on the seat and record, you don't need the video just the sound right?

but how's he gonna prove it WAS 120 and no 72?

The "horn" you are hearing is not a horn at all.

The speed you are talking about creates a huge amount of drag on your frameless windows....air rushing out of your car between the window seals and the window itself creates a sound of a horn. The first time that happened to me I almost sh*t myself.

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived