LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ One of these days, I'm just gonna order take-out from there. :) You might have to settle for the wifey's FXT coming in, though, as my LGT will wake up the kiddo, when I cold-start it in the garage.

I love their steak - but how well would it "travel?" :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ One of these days, I'm just gonna order take-out from there. :) You might have to settle for the wifey's FXT coming in, though, as my LGT will wake up the kiddo, when I cold-start it in the garage.

I love their steak - but how well would it "travel?" :(

Neutral and coast it down :rolleyes:

^ I've done that before, when leaving super-early for work.

I figured out, the hard way, that it didn't work very well when there's snow/ice on the ground. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ I've done that before, when leaving super-early for work.

I figured out, the hard way, that it didn't work very well when there's snow/ice on the ground. :lol:

AWD heavyness ftl! Thats why I went stock cans. The house rattled on cold starts.

• 5 weeks later...

Any ABP LGT sedans on Northfield Road this afternoon, at around 5PM ?

I was heading the other way, towards Cleveland Asian Market, in my wife's silver '09 Forester XT.

Just wanted to say "hi!" :D

Oh crap forgot to post here. I f4 carded a shrek B in parma near wal-mart yesterday. I caught the scoop and red interior out the corner of my eye as I drove past it in the lot.

And Tsi We need more leggy support at the meets man :( I almost sharted myself last thursday when I saw another SWP in the lot but it was n/a and not with us.

^ Soon, bro. Anna's nap-times are dwindling, and before long, she'll be itching to come to a meet with Dada. :D

She's really my limiting factor, now. As ebpda9 can tell ya, I'm a total home-body because of her.

Not that I'm complaining, really. :redface: I love being Dada. :)

what and where are these meets you guys are talking about that I keep missing?

oh and does anyone else in here go dragracing? I am planning on going to Thompson sometime, itd be cool to go with some other Subies.

^ Meets - hit up Forced4s.com or the NASIOC "Cleveland" thread. :)

As for drag-racing, I can't afford to break my car. :lol:

what and where are these meets you guys are talking about that I keep missing?

oh and does anyone else in here go dragracing? I am planning on going to Thompson sometime, itd be cool to go with some other Subies.

watch out for cleveland racing recruits.

• 4 weeks later...
Been a member for a while but never posted before. I was just wondering what events or gatherings there might be for LGT's here in NE Ohio. I live in the Canton/Akron area and have never seen another LGT since I bought mine a year ago. Are they that rare? Mine is a wagon and I don't really keep an eye out for sedans though, so maybe I'm missing all of them.

I've only seen a few other LGT's in the area. You ever stop by the Strip? I swing by there every once in a while. I have a white LGT sedan with the windows blacked out. See you around...

what the heck is cleveland racing recruits?? do you mean the idiots that want to race me on city streets everywhere I go? (esp in Mentor) And where or what is "the Strip"?

^ I thought it was unwritten code that (1) Subarus don't mess with other Subarus and (2) it's heavily frowned upon for any community members displaying community affiliations to be caught in such a manner.....

????

I think it just means getting "tagged" with a friendly business card in a parking lot. :)

------

I've yet to encounter such stupidity locally.

Well....all except the idiot BMW drivers who insist on tail-gating and speeding through active school zones. :(:mad:

After going through such an area this AM (at my usually religious glued-to-the-speed-limit velocity), I just had to assert some lane-dominance. Asshat in a previous-generation 325i sped through the 20 MPH school zone, but didn't have the balls to pass me on open roadway, for fear of cops. Yeah, some balls on that guy :rolleyes:, I shoulda threw my daughter's 1% milk filled sippie cup at him.

Edited by TSi+WRX

lol.. i have raced other Subies in the area. I dont mind if a guy in another Subie wants to. Its the guys that are driving like naturally aspirated 4 bangers that think they can race, or even keep up.

So I saw a "Rockstar" Sti rally car yesterday that was rather beat up being towed on 90 through Lake county. Anyone know whos car that is? I wasnt sure if someone was actually racing or if someone maybe just bought a beat up used STi rally car.

Anyone in a Silver '05 LGT see me waving at him, on Traver Rd. near the intersection of Norwood Rd., in Sussex (Shaker Heights), this morning, at round 7:45 AM?

:)

Cleveland racing is a underground street racing group that sometimes bleed over into the QS&L lot. We had people trying to get us to race their mustangs and camaros like valley view and highway patrol didn't come down on us already. I get alot of myspace hit ups from ppl in this group as well. As for strip no clue cause if it's dragstrip 42 thats always a secret meet that takes place on tuesdays.

TSI you are right a rash of scoobs are doing this. I guess they ran out of worthy stuff to run against. My last encounter was dead mans curve where a wrx thought because I took it faster than 19 MPH I was saying show me what you got. Then out of nowhere a supra was all on me like I was a hot almost undressed drunk chic and the night club is about to close. Besides that I still am the hottest looking new body style camry since the shaved badge mod. Yes also a rash of lets speed in a school zone (except here in cleve hts) and then slam on brakes like they just didnt talledaga nights thru the flashing lights and nearly rolled the crossing guard off youer car.

Edited by Merc6

Then out of nowhere a supra was all on me like I was a hot almost undressed drunk chic and the night club is about to close.

:lol:

Besides that I still am the hottest looking new body style camry since the shaved badge mod.

:lol::lol:

Yes also a rash of lets speed in a school zone (except here in cleve hts) and then slam on brakes like they just didnt talledaga nights thru the flashing lights and nearly rolled the crossing guard off youer car.

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG, that post was hilarious! :lol::wub:

Long time Subaru fan.. started with a couple SVX's Funny enough, I sold the one good one I had because i wasn't sure how long the rebuilt tranny was going to hold up.. Then I bought new a 05 LGT red with black windows in Lake county now with the tranny out! Anyone in the area have any Extra-S gear oil? Ive got to try Halperts... but that's my last choice! Also does anyone ever have any meets in this area?

No Extra-S, sorry! :(

Might want to try the Cleveland thread in the MW chapter of NASIOC, or hit up the Subaru owners on Forced4s.com , to see if you can get some on short notice.

^ Bedford Heights' Ganley branch (Ganley of Bedford), which used to be Ellacott Shaker Subaru, has not been highly thought of, historically, but I've always gotten excellent treatment there.

I've only used their service department for the warranty work on my wife's '09 FXT's driver's side rearview mirror (loose/vibrations), but I have used their parts department twice before, and were treated well and knowledgeably both times.

I'd give them a call. I believe that Chris is the name of their parts manager - don't quote me on that, though. Really nice guy.