LegacyGT.com

noise on deceleration

WERA988

hey guys, looking for a hand. i've worked through a few things on my car from prior posts on the forum and the search button. but i'm looking for something i didn't find yet on the forum.

05 5spd manual that is stage II and some minor suspension work. just recently it started making a clicking sound when decelerating with the car in gear. at times its really obvious and right before it rolls to a stop the noise will go away (before the clutch is pushed in). the clicking speed goes along with the speed of the car. when the car slows so does the clicking. at times the clicking isn't there when you initially let off the gas, but it comes on quickly after that.

while accelerating i can barely hear the ticking but its really loud when slowing. as soon as i push in the clutch pedal the noise goes away.

the car shifts and drives without a problem. at this time the clicking is the only thing indicating there is a problem.

when i stopped by to see a friend today he advised he had heard the noise about a week ago when my wife had driven by but advised it had gotten louder when he heard it today.

with the tranny in neutral the car just purrs. at 97322 miles the transmission was rebuilt and a new clutch was installed at the same time. car now has 123,000 miles on her now.

i've just pulled her up in the driveway and i'm going to let her cool down before i put her up in the air and go under. suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived