LegacyGT.com

Has anybody had experience getting BC's rebuilt?

blongo804

Found these guys:

http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/page12.html

And they offer an upgrade to Swift springs that I'm sure definitely increase every aspect of BC's. Do you guys think it's worth the premium to get these installed? Just asking because I have the opportunity to pick these up on the cheap, so I figured might as well get them rebuilt and possibly upgraded.

$100/corner for a rebuild, $150/corner for a re-valve/rebuild, and $340 to upgrade to swifts? So without re-valve you're talking $740, on top of $1k coils, putting you right in the neighborhood of NEW kw/rce's. Am I missing something?

Before I saw that link, to my knowledge nobody spends the time, money, or effort to rebuild BC coilovers. After seeing that link, I'm still not convinced.

I KNOW that swifts are certainly an upgrade for BC's, and would give you positive results, but honestly it's just not worth it.

$100/corner for a rebuild, $150/corner for a re-valve/rebuild, and $340 to upgrade to swifts? So without re-valve you're talking $740, on top of $1k coils, putting you right in the neighborhood of NEW kw/rce's. Am I missing something?

Yeah I was going to call and verify all this - believe me. lol.

Before I saw that link, to my knowledge nobody spends the time, money, or effort to rebuild BC coilovers. After seeing that link, I'm still not convinced.

I KNOW that swifts are certainly an upgrade for BC's, and would give you positive results, but honestly it's just not worth it.

Do you think it'd be worth it if it's $340 for all 4 corners?

$100 per corner for a rebuild sounds about right. The truth is that it's just not worth it on $1k coils. Would you pay $200 to have a 2 year old smartphone rebuilt, tuned up, and upgraded to perform up to par with a 1.5 year old smartphone. Yea. Disposable technology.

Regarding the swifts, I seriously considered going that route back when I had a set of BC's, but concluded that it just wasn't worth it. It will certainly make a difference that will be noticeable, but at the end of the day the BC's will never perform close to where you want them. You're just better off saving the $340, selling the BC's on the forum when you're ready and upgrading. Just didn't make sense to me to put springs on a set of coilovers that were almost 40% the cost of the coilovers.

Thanks for the reply and your opinion!

I've been researching on Google, which has lead me to NASIOC, and everyone seems to like the Swift springs upgrade.

I don't need anything crazy since it's only a daily. For me, it seems like these coils are fine for a DD. I'm really not interested in spending over 1k for coils. Right now, I'm trading my current Rallitek springs/KYB stock replacement struts for the BC's.

The swifts are completely worth it as I have them...along with every other bushing available on the market and people say my car is more comfortable than their car with springs and sways.

We have been doing some testing of Eibach Springs for coilovers... :)

I would suggest not getting BCs because your ride and handling will decrease from what you have now. Believe me when I say it, but cheap (sub $1k coilovers) are worse than driving on a good set of springs and struts like you already have...

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Thanks for the reply and your opinion!

I've been researching on Google, which has lead me to NASIOC, and everyone seems to like the Swift springs upgrade.

I don't need anything crazy since it's only a daily. For me, it seems like these coils are fine for a DD. I'm really not interested in spending over 1k for coils. Right now, I'm trading my current Rallitek springs/KYB stock replacement struts for the BC's.

unless you want to drop your car alot, I wouldn't think this change is an upgrade.

I looked into the swift coil upgrade, revalving upgrade, etc for my BC. Ultimately, it came out that I needed 3-way adjustable c/o to get the setup I wanted. As that was $$$, I went thru some tuning iterations until the car was handling like I wanted. I've had to compromise my driving style to work with the BCs.

Over bumps, I've found them to be very unsettled. In high-speed cornering when you need to transition the other direction, there is some delay.

I drive mine on the street exclusively now. Its a teeth-rattling ride on city streets at 19k miles. And does get tiresome.

That said, I knew going in that these were a compromise setup. In my view, it was $1000 (BC) including camber plates vs $8000 (ohlins) + $600 camber plates.

If you have never ridden in a LGT on BC, be sure to try it. Also, try some other options, too.

Archived