LegacyGT.com

HID Kit comparisons from experience?

CoopMcNasty

Hey guys, I'm about to purchase HIDs for my 09 Legacy and am wondering which ones you currently have/had on your cars. After a bit of reading around here on LGT it seems like 35w is the way to go rather than 55, although I would be very curious as to what the 55w would look like ;) (I have the bigger the better mentality). Is it really justifiable to spend the extra on the Morimoto (or Diode)? I can totally see spending the extra coin if it is a superior product. I'd Rather spend $150 now to save myself down the road when balasts/bulbs blow.

TRS Morimoto

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=3893

DDM:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Diode Dynamics:

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/511/s/2003-2013-subaru-legacy-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit/

Thanks Guys!

I've never had any of them but have heard nothing but good things about the TRS kit. DDM used to be good then they outsourced to china and now are crap from what I was told. I used to rock a shitty XENTEC HID kit and it was horrible. Went on ebay about 2 months ago and ordered a Candle HID kit($27) works better then the XENTEC but still shitty.

Please post up pics after you get them installed. What temperature did you get?

I want to see see the difference between the DDM for $35 vs TRS which is a $150 kit. My friend has the DDM kit in his audi and they seem like good quality for only $35.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have any issues with blinding oncoming drivers or too much glare? want to put hids into my stock headlights with stock projectors

You wont blind people with any kind of HID's since projector housings cut off the light at a certain height, whereas normal headlight housings do not and it reflects the light in all directions causing oncoming traffic to be blinded.

You wont blind people with any kind of HID's since projector housings cut off the light at a certain height, whereas normal headlight housings do not and it reflects the light in all directions causing oncoming traffic to be blinded.

WRONG

Halogen Projectors and HID Projectors are not the same

WRONG

Halogen Projectors and HID Projectors are not the same

damn, I tried. :redface: I had no idea there was a difference.

Edit: just looked up the difference. I guess the cutoff line isn't as good on halogen projectors but it is still a hell of alot better than just normal headlight housings. I don't think you would blind people with Halogen Projectors.

Archived