LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD + Rallitek springs first impression

Strabismo

Just drove the car back from the garage after swapping the OEM suspension for Bilstein HD's and Rallitek springs.

This is how every LGT should come out of the factory. The car stopped handling like a wobblehead and the ride quality didn't suffer at all. I think it might even have improved the ride quality because the car doesn't start bouncing around every time it hits a bump. Which is nice because here some roads aren't in very good shape. I also didn't wanted too much drop because of the snow in the winter, hence the Rallitek springs.

When I used to turn with OEM suspension, the car rolled so bad it felt out of control (and I have the JDM 20mm swaybar. It was even worse before that). Now it is much more stable. Its like it wants to turn faster and tighter. Much more fun in the twisty parts.

And of course most of the the squat and dive under acceleration and braking is gone.

The gap difference between the front and rear wheels is not that visible really. You really have to look for it or really get the right angle to see it. I can't wait to try this new setup in the next autoslalom event.

I recommend this setup to anyone who has a LGT and want better handling but doesn't want a harsh ride and to still be able to drive in deep snow. It is worth every penny.

Only one thing though. Make sure you have the right rear suspension rubber spring seats. The ones I've ordered were the wrong type and were too small and they might have been dangerous if installed with the Rallitek springs as a coil could have slipped past it. I've had to take apart my OEM rear shock assemblies to take the spring seats from it.

Glad you like them, I installed the spec b bilstein's and rallitek's in my car about a month ago. I love the setup so far, but I did have to get new rallitek endlinks, not that bad of a problem to have though.

I would say yes if you don't mind having the car be a little high in the front still. I have 1/4" butt spacers in the rear of my wagon and the front is still about .75" higher with spec b struts.

Excellent write-up, thanks much! :) I have some of the MSI springs (Eibach Pro Kit re-issue) on order, and I'm still probably going to end up with the HD struts. Not 100% sure, but probably.

Archived