LegacyGT.com

Fiveomotorsport Bosch EV14 injectors

Gambit

Hey Guys, anyone had much experience or feedback on the FiveoMotorsport injectors, apparently they are the same as the ID1000's as they are the newly developed Bosch injectors that are flow matched?

They are much cheaper than the ID's too and i have asked the vendor and the top feeds are a direct plug and play injector with no need for additional connectors for EJ25's

Anyone with thoughts on the 5-O injectors?

This is the response I got back from 5-O - Our injectors are all flow-matched sets - sold with a data card - You also get a 3 Year/Unlimited Miles Warranty.

Just wondering of these are as good as DW.

people have been upgrading injectors on EFI cars long before matched sets were widely available. Yes you have a tighter tolerance between injectors. Does that mean you will have more power, better driveability, or better reliability in the real world? Those offering the service will tell you yes, but the answer is more like "maybe."
On the search for a new DD...

There have been some negative things said about their injectors. It warrants a search.

I've looked. Hard to find any info for Subaru applications. I know they are all flow tested/matched and resistance tested to within 5%.

No one, NO ONE tests and flow matches like Injector Dynamics does. They worked with MoTec to develop the testing and matching procedure.

Any set of EV14's should be better than a used, modified injector matched or not. A set of ID1000's will be better than anyone else's EV14's. You get what you pay for.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Five-O+injectors+forum

Just my doing searches like the one above, I have found forums that have links to other good sources of information, and links to spec sheets and happy/sad testimonials... and then you get ideas of other terms to use such as -forum, etc. Point is there is a lot of talk about Five-O injectors, and most of it isn't on Subaru forums.

As always, use forums as a resource, but always be skeptical of everything, and do whatever the opposite of whatever American Compact Coupe forum members do.

As it stands now, I am not willing to take the leap to a non Injector Dynamics company. They charge a lot, but the product appears to be very stable.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I can't find much of a reason not to try these from any of those links. I would love to have 1000cc w/ topfeed conversion but I don't have the desire to go through the process of the conversion or the $$ to spend at this time. Plus my turbo doesn't warrant it. If I make 350/350 with 850cc injectors on E85 I will be completely content, and that shouldn't be a problem.

The thing is there is not much information on use of EV14 injectors from Five-0 for a Subaru application. The links that i have seen are from 5-O older generation Bosch or Denso injectors and not the EV14's. The stable atomisation and spray pattern etc etc is inherent in the design of the EV14 injectors that both ID and 5-0 use. A matched set of EV14's is a match set whether it be from 5-0 or ID.

Look forward to hearing what juanmedina has to say about them.

Archived