LegacyGT.com

Fueling issue (E85)

It's been a while since I haven't had a problem I couldn't figure out on these cars and now I'm stumped and I'm interested to see if anybody else has experienced the same problem.

I've been running E85 for about 5 years now, although the car mainly sits since I've done the build and started using E85.

The engine just isn't getting enough fuel. I can drive the car as long as I keep it out of boost.

When I turn the key to prime the fuel pump, the Walbro 255 makes its typical whine; but when I start the car, the fuel pump continues to whine for about a minute. I've since replaced the fuel pump and the problem persists.

The only other culprit I can think of is the Aeromotive FPR.

Any E85 users run into similar problems?

When did the issue start?

What lets you know its not getting enough fuel? ie wideband?

Have you measured fuel pressure? if so what is it? *FPR vac line on and off readings*

Are you sure your on the correct calibration?

Let me know as this does not sounds like an issue specifically related to the e85 itself.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Started in the summer and I stopped driving the car after that. I've just been procrastinating since I don't really drive the car that much.

Went on a drive with my tuner and noticed the AFRs.

I'm assuming it may have something to do with not driving the car very often. It's an '05 with 59k miles.

Just my two cents but is your fuel pressure regulator OK? Letting it sit with E85 may have caused some problems there. Here they run quite commonly with E85 (subies and other brands) and they say dont let it sit with the ethanol inside, long storage periods cause the ingridents separate and in some cases they build up gunk in your fuel lines and tank etc.

My quess is your fuel pressure regulator is stuck. Clean it and flush your tank with fresh E85 and enjoy the ride

I always run fresh E85 from the same pump and I test it occasionally. When I plan on letting the car sit for the winter, I make sure to run the tank down as far as possible for storage. A friend of mine mentioned he FPR; maybe I'll try that next. Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...

Walbro is customized as is the housing, since there wasn't a fuel pump upgrade available at the time.

Fuel pressure regulator is fine. Going to replace fuel filter and considering a DW fuel pump so I don't have to modify the housing again since that's part of the filter.

Just ordered a new filter and a DW300! Hoping this works so I can finally drive my car. I didn't even register it last year because I procrastinated for so long. Now my wagon is undriveable with a leaky Wilwood caliper, so now I'm waiting for parts on both cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived