LegacyGT.com

Car inspection in MA?

edmundu

You....heavily modified.......I don't believe it! :lol: Yeah, anyway I can't help at all being a RI resident but good luck with that. I haven't heard of too many happy stories regarding MA and inspections. If there is a "friendly" inspectiojn station I'm sure someone will chime in, you might also try posting this question on Nabisco, since there's a much bigger New England base there.

How's the house? BTW? pics

Inspections, FTL...I grew up in MA and hated the stupid inspection...just a way for the state to rape its residents of hard earned cash....excise tax too....

FL used to have an 'inspection'...they then radies the sales tax and it went away...go figure....Good luck w/ your inspection....

Rehab is for quitters.

i dont pay excise tax in mass. thank you US ARMY. and i cant wait to register my car in sc no emissions. i hat mass cant wait to leave 10 months left here then gone

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Try this place.

DOMENIC J BASILE INC

1115 WASHINGTON STREET

BOSTON.MA

(617) 338-7060

I can't guarantee it (I don't think anyone can guarantee it) but this place was pretty cool to me about 5-6 years ago. I had a 94 Honda Accord that was lowered and had illegal tinted windows. Other inspection shops said that if they couldn't get my car onto the dyno, they would automatically fail me so I would have to raise my car to get onto the dyno.

I took it to this place because they had done an oil change for me once and the tech knew how to work on lowered cars. He drove the car onto some wooden blocks first to get enough clearance to get the lift under the car.

He couldn't get my car onto the dyno but he just did the test somehow with my car in neutral on the ground and passed me. He didn't say anything about my tint. Another one of my friends was failed for his tint but this shop passed him. I usually gave the guy a $20 tip. Totally worth it since I didn't have to remove and replace my tint every year...and didn't have to raise and lower my car every year. (I didn't have coilovers, I just had Eibach lowering springs and Tokico struts)

Again, I haven't been there for about 6 years so things may have changed. I don't know but you should give that place a shot. I think the techs name was Julio or Jose. A young medium height (about 5'8") stocky built latino guy. The guy who takes your money and registration was an old chinese guy with glasses. Then you wait in line to get your inspection done. While you're waiting, just keep your windows down.

Another place that I go to now is

LINDEN TEXACO SERVICE

168 LINDEN STREET

WELLESLEY.MA

(781) 235-4550

I get all my routine service done here too. I have a constant "Service Engine Soon" light which is for my EVAP canister. I also don't have a front plate but I always pass inspection. Again, since I get all my service done here, the guy knows me. Maybe that's why he always passes me. I don't have tint on any of my cars now so I don't know how picky they are with tint. Try them out.

Well, I went and got my car inspected today, and passed:)! I just found the nearest inspection site, which happened to be the Exxon in town. Real nice guy named Tony, performed the inspection, and there were no problems!

So, thanks to everyone for their help/tips, I am all legal to drive on these fine Mass roads:lol:

Archived