LegacyGT.com

Anyone running the cobb springs on a wagon?

jackacc

Just curious if anyone has put the cobb lowering springs on a wagon yet. I saw someone had them on a sedan and they looked great.

It actually looked like the rear was a little higher than the front so I thought that might work out perfectly for a wagon since most of the spring options available now dump the rear end too much.

Plus they claim to be matched to stock shocks like the Ions.

Thoughts?

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Please get better dampers. If you don't now, you'll have to do that very quickly after the springs. And there are no good dampers which work with Cobb springs....

Yeah, I keep thinking I'd be ok with just springs but maybe I should just wait around like the rest of the people who can't afford bilsteins until Koni comes out with something :icon_bigg ...or anyone for that matter.

Had the Neuspeed Koni adjustables with Neuspeed sport springs on my TSX and they were e x c e l l e n t. (cheap too)

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

HOw much are dampers, and what brands do you recommend? Know of any good spring/damper setups? I like the cobb springs but i guess with no dampers available they aren't as attractive anymore.

you can get Bilstein specific ions. I'm running Spec B Bilsteins with ion HD in the rear and normal ones in the front and it's barely lower than stock. great setup (and currently for sale in the classifieds, as I'm selling the car).

so what works well with the ion springs??

iON springs are in the same ball-park as many aftermarket springs, they are lower and a bit stiffer (like app 30%). The one plus that the iON's have is the fronts are progressive.

The vast majority of aftermarket springs would benefit a large amount from better dampers (Bilsteins, Tokicos, Ohlins, etc...).

Almost all aftermarket dampers (all that I know) are a bit stiffer then OEM (like app 30%) and some are adjustable.

iON springs are in the same ball-park as many aftermarket springs, they are lower and a bit stiffer (like app 30%). The one plus that the iON's have is the fronts are progressive.

The vast majority of aftermarket springs would benefit a large amount from better dampers (Bilsteins, Tokicos, Ohlins, etc...).

Almost all aftermarket dampers (all that I know) are a bit stiffer then OEM (like app 30%) and some are adjustable.

so with the ion springs and dampers like the ones u stated do u need anything else to make it all come together.... jdm or other parts??

If you do the Tokico struts you'll need the front JDM tophats. I believe Tokico is issueing them with the struts, not sure tho. No experience with the bilsteins.

Also with the standard Ions you'll probably want a second set of rear spring seats to raise the rear a hair, most ppl w/wagons have wanted the rear a little higher (unless Ion has redisigned them?). Not sure about sedans.

I could have used mine higher with the HD. Even after taking out my stereo. Go figure.

That is because you had regular springs with Bilstein top-hats. Drop the front 1/2-5/8 inch (with Bilstein specific springs) and that would no longer be a problem with 200 lbs of stereo, 5 passengers and a full-tank of gas.

I have the HD, didn't use the extra rear spring seat initially but after a few months it dropped a bit & I put them on. Better now, I really like the height. So yes, even with the HD on the wagon, but it may take a while to settle.

Remember I'm in an OB which has some subtle differences too. Or it could just be a wagon thing?

That is because you had regular springs with Bilstein top-hats. Drop the front 1/2-5/8 inch (with Bilstein specific springs) and that would no longer be a problem with 200 lbs of stereo, 5 passengers and a full-tank of gas.

perhaps you missed the comment about taking the stereo out. as it sat with nothing in the back, the rear was too low on my car even with the HD's. My goal was a level stance and the HD's plus std. fronts on JDM tophats is not a good solution - don't let Jack at Ion tell you otherwise...nobody should ever use that combo IMHO. :(

perhaps you missed the comment about taking the stereo out. as it sat with nothing in the back, the rear was too low on my car even with the HD's. My goal was a level stance and the HD's plus std. fronts on JDM tophats is not a good solution - don't let Jack at Ion tell you otherwise...nobody should ever use that combo IMHO. :(

I got your comment. If you had Bilstein specific iONs would the back end up looking too low?

I am not fooled by "insert whomever you want" I own all of the above springs.

FWIW non-cut HD iONS and a raised front (because of regular iONs on Bilsteins) still has a higher rear on my car (80lbs of stereo, non-lmt sedan).

I guess the wagon is a fair bit different then the sedan.

If you had Bilstein specific iONs would the back end up looking too low?

yes.

with stock suspension back on yesterday morning, we loaded up 10 bags of wet mulch and another five of dirt and it still sat higher than the HD's empty. Go figure.

yes.

with stock suspension back on yesterday morning, we loaded up 10 bags of wet mulch and another five of dirt and it still sat higher than the HD's empty. Go figure.

Really! With Bilsteins and HD iONs (the set-up you just had) the front was more then 1/2 inch higher then the front??????:icon_conf

the front was more then 1/2 inch higher then the front??????:icon_conf

que que?

the front was raised a 1/2" over the kyb/pink setup, while the back only came up 7/8". The rear was at least 1.5 - 2.0" lowr with the kyb setup, so I fully expected the rear to come up more than 7/8".

Archived