LegacyGT.com

Alarm Chirp

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 05 OBP LGT. Needless to say I love it. The only problem is that the alarm chirp doesn't sound. Very minor issue I know but I would still prefer it on. I've tried going through the remote like the owners manual says to but nothing. I've replaced the "beeper" and still nothing.

I work at a dealership so I have access to the SSMIII scanner and went thru the BIU options and all of the "chirps" were set to on.

I had a 04 Forester with this problem too but that turned out to be corrosion on the plugs. The LGT connectors are clean.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Robbie

If your lights flash when you push the button, I would recommend leaving it the way it is. I personally think the beep is super annoying. Opening all doors and the trunk gives you 6 beeps. Really 6 beeps.. I understand 1 beep for locking the car, but other than that is just plain annoying.

when I bought my car the chirp was set to off and the lights only flashed. I was able to turn in it back on by following the the instructions on the back of the key less entry key fob.

1) press the unlock button once

2)press the lock & unlock buttons at the same time for 2 seconds

I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

when I bought my car the chirp was set to off and the lights only flashed. I was able to turn in it back on by following the the instructions on the back of the key less entry key fob.

1) press the unlock button once

2)press the lock & unlock buttons at the same time for 2 seconds

Now if I do that with the chirp on, will it turn my annoying chirp off??

The beeper in our cars is located under the passenger headlight. It can be easily accessed through the fender liner under the bumper. Just look up it's a grey box.

I tried tracing the wires all the way back to the main fuse box and still nothing. I might just run new wires right from the alarm box. This is how annoyed I am with this thing .

Update!

Got it working now seems to be a broken wire somewhere but I just ran a fused power source straight to the wire in the main fuse box and it works like a charm now.

FYI the beeper is a constant positive with a switching ground. Not sure why it's setup that way it just is.

for everyone else who's car doesn't beep, not because of a broken wire, but because someone de-programmed it - simply look in your manual, or google what the 'contra' code is to turn it back on (from what i understand it depends on year and model). i de-programed all the beeps from my ride because that shit is ******* annoying and not good if trying to be discreet when arriving places in which you might want to do so...

• 9 months later...
I'd like to make the beep LOUDER when I lock the car. If I lock the car as I'm walking away I don't always hear the beep if I'm in a noisy environment. Then I have to stop, turn around, lock the car again so I will see the lights flash. My wife's Hyundai will beep the horn if you press <Lock> twice to indicate the alarm is armed. I wish my Subie did that.

I'd like to make the beep LOUDER when I lock the car. If I lock the car as I'm walking away I don't always hear the beep if I'm in a noisy environment. Then I have to stop, turn around, lock the car again so I will see the lights flash. My wife's Hyundai will beep the horn if you press <Lock> twice to indicate the alarm is armed. I wish my Subie did that.

try lock it three times

and reading through the thread makes me laugh...why don't people just read what's written on their key/remote

Archived