LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

05' Lgt 5Eat Wagon-160k miles, new driver door handle & inside lever assembly. Also 1st time ever Winter Tires- Bizzaks (Jan4). I will never use All Seasons again in a snowy winter,there is such a big improvement. ps BNR 16G rocks!

only 6300 ? The wagon see's 7000 every few day's. With the cold temps and wet/snow covered pavement, it gets there quickly in 1st gear.

You need a better MAP. :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

only 6300 ? The wagon see's 7000 every few day's. With the cold temps and wet/snow covered pavement, it gets there quickly in 1st gear.

:rolleyes:Not everyone runs Tunes from Mike @ T/A:cool:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

:rolleyes:Not everyone runs Tunes from Mike @ T/A:cool:

Cryo etune.

Didn't realize we had the ability to remove the limit on the red line. I'd be happy hitting 6500.

• 2 weeks later...

burt, how did you make that many miles and replace 3 tubos without losing the engine?

i had the noisy p/s, replaced the infamous o-ring and good to go.

my car has 118k and ive been concerned about upgrading the turbo to too large of a size and pushing the "high mileage" motor too hard. might be overly worried for no reason.

I 'm in same boat as Burt. I'm the original owner and I'm on my 3rd. as of this week. First Turbo went at about 162,000 miles. Banjo bolt finally got clogged. I had the repairs done and car ran great.

Last year on trip 225 miles from home, turbo went again. With no local mechanics, went to local Subaru dealer and had them do repairs with parts shipped from my friends at Fred Beans at significant savings.

Last week, heard the same wonderful noise and lack of power. Parked car, checked my receipt from last repair and WHOOPEE, I was 70 miles under the 12,000 mile warranty. Had the car towed to Flemington Subaru.

Long story shortened, SOA had dealer run compression and leak tests along with dropping oil pan. Compression is 140 for all cylinders and leak was 3%, 4%, 6% and 6%. There were "metal shavings in oil due to turbo failure. SOA gave approval and dealer completed full flush, repair and replacement.

I give a lot of credit to running Royal Purple 5-30 since 10,000 miles for the motor to be in such good condition. I also appreciate all the help I get from the staff and mechanics at Flemington Subaru, Ryan at Fred Beans parts and my local mechanics, Matt and Chris at Michael Brothers Auto Repair. All have helped me to keep this car running in great condition. The car currently has 204,484 miles as of yesterday.

BTW - I have a VF40 Turbo at a fair price that can be rebuilt. Keep your Subie's running and many safe miles to all.

I got the car last august, and before me it was an older guy that drove about 3 hours highway every day for his job. Literally every time the car needed maintenance, he brought it to the subaru dealership that he bought it from. He bought it at 0 miles and from there to the 170k it had on it when I bought it, the only people that touched it mechanically were the mechanics at the subaru dealership. He had the original turbo replaced at around 120k, and when I bought it I decided that I was going to just replace it as a precautionary measure. It turns out that that second turbo didn't even really need replacing. The car runs absolutely perfectly. It's going to turn the 200k mark here soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rolled over 90k. Bought it at 48k.

I'm on my third turbo, second shortblock, second radiator, third set of axle bearings, second set of O2 sensors, third set of idlers, third timing belt, third set of tires, third HVAC system, second water pump, etc. etc. etc.

I really got a lemon. I drive mostly highway, never redline the thing or even get close. I think the farthest I've gotten without a repair is 2800 miles. Sorta fell into the "this has to be the last thing to fix" trap. I baby this car and its been problems since day one.

My service records rival some novels I know.

Just rolled over 90k. Bought it at 48k.

I'm on my third turbo, second shortblock, second radiator, third set of axle bearings, second set of O2 sensors, third set of idlers, third timing belt, third set of tires, third HVAC system, second water pump, etc. etc. etc.

I really got a lemon. I drive mostly highway, never redline the thing or even get close. I think the farthest I've gotten without a repair is 2800 miles. Sorta fell into the "this has to be the last thing to fix" trap. I baby this car and its been problems since day one.

My service records rival some novels I know.

Somebody with worse luck than me!!!! :eek:

185000 miles. Lots of new parts, but most of the electrical is also most 10 y/o. The seats are holding up fine, no rust where most cars begin to rust, i.e. wheel wells.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Now at 187k+ and I just threw a timing belt! My last was changed at 120k, so this is a bit premature, but, I'll live with it if my engine comes out of the ordeal OK. But, after 187k miles, it still runs great (even though it also burns oil).

2005 Legacy Non-GT

250k. I need to update my sig. about to add on a new passenger side tie rod, front end links and maybe new front shocks. Original steering pump is leaking, so might have to replace that too.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Now at 187k+ and I just threw a timing belt! My last was changed at 120k, so this is a bit premature, but, I'll live with it if my engine comes out of the ordeal OK. But, after 187k miles, it still runs great (even though it also burns oil).

2005 Legacy Non-GT

Did you do a full timing belt kit at 120k, or just replace the belt?

117K miles 5EAT with full turbo back and Perrin TMIC. Original engine and tranny. Ah, I got the tranny cooler. Stage 1 from 16k miles and Stage 2 from 30k miles. It still runs great and will be my son's first car.
From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!