LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I have noticed with my HexMods VB that if I use the steering wheel buttons vs using the stick to shift there is a difference.

Using the stick, I get an instant shift from 2-3 that the car then tries to rev match or catch up of sorts if I'm at partial throttle. WOT all shifts are super-fast! :wub: Running 23psi on Ethanol!

I love my HexMods VB

You're saying the stick is faster w/ HexMods? Hmm. Maybe time for the steering wheel stereo control mod :lol:

That is interesting. IIRC the stick shift +/- and the steering wheel or paddle +/- run in parallel to the BIU, so the car does not know which button is sending the signal. I once had the idea of using a foot lever like on a motorcycle to let you shift up and down hands free. But a little too crazy, even for me. The wiring would be easy though. Just tap into the + wire and - wire.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

There is a good reason for hadvw's observation, how far the contact point is in the button.

The stick up/down selection triggers with 1/4-1/2 of the range of movement, so it's already shifting when the stick hits the end of the track. The button must be pushed all the way.

I've used both the paddles and stick on my 08, and the button and stick on my wife's 05. The difference is perception.

it does not fix the delay between when you push the button and the shift, but it will make the physical shift much faster. just wanted to put that point out there.

So is this true? I was really hoping that the VB mod would make the shifts super quick. My up shifts in my 2008 GT are really slow and the down shifts are not much better.

did you read my statement?

the time between when you push the button and it actually STARTS the physical shift is an electrical delay that we have no control over. ClimberD's VB mod speeds up the physical shift. so when you push the button and the shift finally STARTS, the actually shift into the next gear will be faster. but it's not going to change the delay from when you push the button and when the movement STARTS.

The wait list is private because the majority of my customers have no forum presence and might want to keep it that way.

There are 7 names on it, count on one dropping out. Email me at hexmods (at) gmail.com if you would like to be added to the list.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Does the waitlist mean that you are waiting for a VB to come ready so you wont have any down time when installing it? Or if someone was to send in there stock VB for this... would it be done immediately and then sent back?

Wait list is only for the F1 with Core option. If you aren't going with the Core option, then you can send in your valve body at any time, and I will modify it and ship it back to you. You pick the return shipping speed, and if it's faster than UPS Ground, I charge for the difference. USPS Priority is the best balance between speed and cost, as it's 2-3Day and $20 extra.

I can also ship you a box with all the padding included, so you have one less thing to worry about. Only one shipping arrival packaged by a customer has ever scared me, but fortunately that VB was not damaged. The most important thing is to be VERY critical of is packaging. IMO my packaging is ideal. One could do injection foam, but I do not see that as adding any safety over my latest packaging method, which uses jig-cut 1" thick foam tiles to keep the VB suspended and keep all contact off the fragile top deck.

Was more trying to be funny.

I'm watching doccrowley's video and drooling over what you can do with the 08+

Same here. I'm out of warranty in a few months. . . . hoping it's done by then. Seeing the praise the 05-07 VB is getting, I don't mind waiting a little bit knowing that when it's out it will be done right.

Wait list is only for the F1 with Core option. If you aren't going with the Core option, then you can send in your valve body at any time, and I will modify it and ship it back to you. You pick the return shipping speed, and if it's faster than UPS Ground, I charge for the difference. USPS Priority is the best balance between speed and cost, as it's 2-3Day and $20 extra.

There's the answer I was looking for. I shoulda been more specific with the question. I just didn't want to have a longer downtime if I pull mine and send it because you were backed up on doing the work.

Thanks,

Frank

got my vb and installed it last night took just under 2 hours to do it of course i had accses to a lift. let the three bond dry overnight and just filled and drove it about 5min ago. did the reset with the select monitor and did the learning drive as per the service manual. anyway shift good and im shure it will get better as it learns anyway A+++ for HEX MODS.

There's the answer I was looking for. I shoulda been more specific with the question. I just didn't want to have a longer downtime if I pull mine and send it because you were backed up on doing the work.

Thanks,

Frank

I paid for overnight, and he shipped it back out the day he got it, he literally got it done that fast, i was very impressed with him spending 0 time dicking around... You won't wait long, the only wait you will be waiting is shipping time through whatever service you choose, i chose fedex. Make sure your package is well put together and wont break during shipping, im sure david explained it to you, but my friends work at UPS, they dont give one shit about anyones package, they just skid packages across the floor and throw them, to my understanding the VB has some very delicate parts.