LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Yeah I bumped up the XM volume to max. I even tried playing around with removing the noise reducer, and that didn't help.

Since the lower volume is ocurring with the CD's as well, I'm pretty sure the reason is the part that goes in between the CD player & Radio.

Did you experience any decrease in volume for the CD player when you installed yours?

Thanks

Josh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have the experience dropping the screws holding the bracket of the HU inside the center console? I dropped one of them and can't find it. :( Will it cause any problem?

...(the cd player is quieter then it used to be). I can turn the volume on the CD player all the way up to 40, and it's reasonably loud, but it's not really loud. Is this normal, have others experienced this?
Something's wrong. I don't normally need to turn my CD player or XM above 10 to be "loud" & above about 22 will be too loud for the speakers to handle on either one...are you sure the stereo cables are plugged in securely at both ends? I suspect the R/L channels are shorted from a partially inserted cable & drawing eachother's signals down...
Does anyone have the experience dropping the screws holding the bracket of the HU inside the center console? I dropped one of them and can't find it. :( Will it cause any problem?
Nah - it's just sitting on the carpet somewhere. You don't need all the screws to hold the radio in securely, but I'd bet if you fished around down there with a magnet you could pick it up.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

My cousin is a Subaru mechanic and he installed my brother's radio in his Legacy, and I just swapped it out and only the front 4 screws were in, neither of the rear ones, and everything was fine, nothing moves once the dash is back in place, same as on my Legacy, as long as you have half to 3/4 of the screws in place...at least 3 or 4 to be safe =)

PS Any screw you find laying around that fits might work - just make sure the head doesn't stick up. PC case screws are a similar size in some cases. Pull a few from an old desktop or from the garbage =)

Something's wrong. I don't normally need to turn my CD player or XM above 10 to be "loud" & above about 22 will be too loud for the speakers to handle on either one...are you sure the stereo cables are plugged in securely at both ends? I suspect the R/L channels are shorted from a partially inserted cable & drawing eachother's signals down...

Everything is securely in place. As I mentioned, the problem exists with the CD player playing normal cd's as well. That should have nothing to do with the cables, and should only deal with the ribbon cables and the device itself.

I would like to get this fixed. I will send you a PM to discuss the details.

Thanks

Josh

as long as it doesnt poke into the airbag console under there.. heh

Subaru Outback XT 2005

I have the jazzy aux-in installed, and want a mounting solution for a 5th Gen video ipod. I'm planning on using jazzy's ipod cable for charging and lineout.

I really want something that will let me leave the cable attached all the time, and just dock and undock the ipod.

I think I found that in the proclip padded holder with tilt swivel for cable attachment item. The problem is that they are cable specific and I'm not sure which on the jazzy cable is. Squinting at the pictures, I believe it is a Neo prolink v3 style because of the arrow shown in both pictures. See bottom for picture from proclip.

1) Does anyone have any experience with this holder in a newer subaru. Does the mount interfere with the vent significantly? Left or right mount? Any suggests?

2) Is this the right cable style?

3) Other options? My one complaint is the price tag ($50 + $30 for the mount).

Thanks!

Tom

From proclip :

http://www.proclipusa.com/core/framework/scripts/image.asp?path=/media/images/products/devicecradle/840640cable.jpg&width=400&height=400

I've had my jazzy input for almost a year now and loving it. Got the ground loop and mini plug routed under the cupholder and drilled a hole for the mini to come into the armrest/compartment. From there I've got a belkin charger/dock connector. Pretty good set up except I've been driving around looking down for a year to change songs etc.

time for an upgrade.... I got a vent mounted holder from mountguys and the ic-rca cable. The vent mount works great and I want to install the cable this weekend. I want to run the cable through the vent... I'm not sure if i can squeeze the rca's through the vent slats. How difficult is it to remove the center venting unit?? Even if I get it removed can I dismantle the slats to get the cable through??

Who has experience w/ this install?

Thanks!

Nathan sent me a new board, I swapped everything back in, and the volume level is good. The XM volume is a little lower, but I think that's just due to the receiver.

Thanks again Nathan.

Josh

Just in case anyone else wants to do this, the proclip holder that works with the cable that jazzy sells is in fact the Neo prolink v3 style. The proclip holder does work with that cable. I haven't done the full install, but tested the holder and cable. Works like a charm. Holds the cable permanently, and you just dock and undock the ipod just like you would in a regular ipod docking station.

Can't wait to do the full install this weekend!

Tom

Subaru Outback XT 2005

I have the jazzy aux-in installed, and want a mounting solution for a 5th Gen video ipod. I'm planning on using jazzy's ipod cable for charging and lineout.

I really want something that will let me leave the cable attached all the time, and just dock and undock the ipod.

I think I found that in the proclip padded holder with tilt swivel for cable attachment item. The problem is that they are cable specific and I'm not sure which on the jazzy cable is. Squinting at the pictures, I believe it is a Neo prolink v3 style because of the arrow shown in both pictures. See bottom for picture from proclip.

1) Does anyone have any experience with this holder in a newer subaru. Does the mount interfere with the vent significantly? Left or right mount? Any suggests?

2) Is this the right cable style?

3) Other options? My one complaint is the price tag ($50 + $30 for the mount).

Thanks!

Tom

From proclip :

http://www.proclipusa.com/core/framework/scripts/image.asp?path=/media/images/products/devicecradle/840640cable.jpg&width=400&height=400

Ok, question. I just did the install of the plug and play. Now, I'm not getting any sound out of my speakers. I can tune the radio and play CD's, but I get no sound whatsoever:confused:. I quadruple checked my connections, and everything looks good. But it seems like nothing is being sent to the speakers. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Wayne

found an interesting "feature" with the cleansweep and the jazzy... if i am playing the blank cd.. the remote power to the cs wont power on. contact me for more details if you are more interested. it was a very odd and difficult problem to trouble shoot since it would work sometimes and not others.. and i had a cleansweep with xm just to make things more interesting which loses signal occassionally

Ok, question. I just did the install of the plug and play. Now, I'm not getting any sound out of my speakers. I can tune the radio and play CD's, but I get no sound whatsoever:confused:. I quadruple checked my connections, and everything looks good. But it seems like nothing is being sent to the speakers. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Wayne

Uhhh....

...two stupid questions - check the volume? & check the radio harness?

The aux-in board shouldn't be able to even affect the radio functions. Even if you leave the CD module & aux-in board completely disconnected, the radio should still work...

...if CD's play and you can tune the radio...I have no idea.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Uhhh....

...two stupid questions - check the volume? & check the radio harness?

The aux-in board shouldn't be able to even affect the radio functions. Even if you leave the CD module & aux-in board completely disconnected, the radio should still work...

...if CD's play and you can tune the radio...I have no idea.

Yeah, I checked the volume. I tried everything from 1-40 and I'm not getting any sound whatsoever. I checked the radio harness too. I actually checked it about 10 times. It always seemed to be securely plugged into the back of the radio. I guess I'll need to check and be sure that I didn't somehow damage the radio or harness when I took the radio apart.:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Yea, I'm stumped. It sounds like the audio amp inside the radio isn't working for some reason, but I dunno why that would be. I've never heard of that happening before.

If you can't get it to work & your dealer won't replace it under warranty, let me know - I've got a couple extras I could sell ya - or you could get one of those mp3 units on ebay.

Yea, I'm stumped. It sounds like the audio amp inside the radio isn't working for some reason, but I dunno why that would be. I've never heard of that happening before.

If you can't get it to work & your dealer won't replace it under warranty, let me know - I've got a couple extras I could sell ya - or you could get one of those mp3 units on ebay.

If I need one, I'll let you know. I'm going to head out and work on it now.

I have a jazzy board for sale. Since I installed an aftermarket headunit, I no longer need mine. Works fine and was only used for 3 months. PM if interested. Board and 2 in. ribbon cable only as I cannot seem to find the silent CD (still looking though). $30 and it's yours.

Sold.

pro adapter kit not charging video ipod?

Apologies if this issue's come up (tried searching for it).

Just replaced my 4G ipod with a new video ipod. Old ipod worked great with jazzymt's ipod pro kit installed in Feb, with Belkin in-line connecter powered from the back of the lighter (05 outback xt ltd).

But the new video ipod (actually tried several) is not getting charged, apparently because it requires more watts?

Ideas?

Thanks,

-K

hey Nathan, I've had the same low audio issues experienced above since I installed it in december. thought it was my audio devices, but I've tried it with iPod, H/K D+P and Sirius and I get the same outcome. playing CD's or radio I get much louder audio and more bass, playing through the aux in I have to keep the radio about 8-10 notches higher to match what I would get with FM or another CD

this is one of the units you supplied right after you had stocked out for a while.

is it possible that the board could have an issue? or is this about what I should experience with the board? Thanks!!

Uh - I assume by "above" you're referring to Legacy777? The problem he was having was that his CD volume was being adversely affected by the board - which is not normal.

It is common however for an iPod & Sirius especially (I dunno why, but Sirius units seem to be on the average the worst) to have slightly lower voltage signals than the internal line levels for the CD player. I would expect the signal from HK D&P to be the best out of the three, but it's possible (depending on your encodings) to still be low.

8-10 notches higher sounds less than ideal, but given the sources, essentially normal. I'd say my XM unit has an average output requiring only about 3-4 notches higher, but it is adjustable, so when set to 8/10 (instead of the default 5/10) it's essentially even. If it requires 20-30 notches higher to get the equivalent volume output, you're either using a headphone output, or something isn't connected correctly.

If your output is normally low (headphone jack of mp3 player or some sat radios), I'd recommend trying something like a Boostaroo.