LegacyGT.com

Cold start issues

LegacyDan

ever since i fitted the turboxs fmic and kstech 73mm megamaf, i have weird cold start issues, i know i need a re-tune after fitting these parts and should have a revision this week, but i just want to confirm if it is actually from the new parts fitted and not something else. So from a cold start in the morning the car sounds very lumpy and engine shakes a lot like its going to cut out, you can hear a loud suction noise from the air filter and it takes a couple of minutes for things to idle normally. Is this normal behaviour for when the above mods have been installed? or do i have a bigger problem at hand. I assumed it was from the intake fitted with the larger Maf diameter so it has thrown the maf scaling off and car freaks out when cold. It pulls fine under boost with no knock present but is just lumpy and laggy at the moment, hopefully all is fixed with a re-tune. im afraid to drive on boost to much until i get this fixed! Ill try get a video clip of the cold idle weirdness

have you boost leak tested the system yet? since you have a big maf now, your fueling is going to be all out of whack and your maf scaling is going to need to be heavily adjusted. I'd boost leak test it, if that's alright and no vac leaks, get the retune and see what happens.

could i use something like this to build pressure? i think you can set the psi you want to inflate to, im not sure does it need to detect pressure first though before it will start pumping

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_786119_langId_-1_categoryId_212481

Archived