LegacyGT.com

so i went stage 2 last night, sorta

I have little money because im trying to buy a house and move out of my apartment and i had a baby in November. So i decided to go with the cheapest stage 2 setup, i gutted to the dp cat total cost-30 dollars cause i bought new gaskets. Then i got an open source tune and used a friends laptop because it wouldnt work with vista on my comp. Vista=crap, i havent had a chance to data log yet i will shortly, but the car feels amazing, i did a few test runs with a friend who owns a GTP and i was putting 2-3 cars on him from 0-100 when i was stock(he ran a 14.6-14.9 at the track), i must have put 7-8 on him last night. Plus with the new 7200rpm redline i actually have a reason to use sport mode on my 5EAT, due to the fact that the car still shifts at 6500rpms if i leave it in drive. Cheapest hp i have ever gotten out of a car.

I suggest anyone who is crying they would love to go stage 2 but cant afford it stop and try this, if you dont liek the gutted cat idea, get a dp with a cat and save yourself 600dollars on a ap and just make an open source tune.

Good to hear you got good results!

It is very much possible to get a bunch more power out of these cars without spending hardly anything!

Now, just datalog it to ensure that everything is in working order! I don't have any experience with datalogging but this Spring I have promised myself to do it with the wagon, just to ensure that the Cobb stage 2 map is working perfectly...

Yeah, total cost was 100bucks, 30 for gaskets and because i had a guy make a map tune, and now i have the stock and the map he made so i can see what was changed and start learning how to tune and log myself.

Glad you like the map. Wait till summer when you have an uppipe and can run a more aggressive map. Get some logs done ASAP though. I wanna make sure its not knocking at all. (It shouldn't the timing is very conservative)

EDIT: If you don't like the super fast throttle response you can just copy the Requested Torque (Misc folder) table and paste it into the same place on the stage 2 map and reflash.

I agree, datalag NOW before doing WOT runs. Losing 20 minutes of work costs less than a new engine. And yes, a bad persistent knock will kill your engine before you know it.

Welcome to the OpenECU world! You will soon be laughing when you see people scooping up APs for a $500 pricetag in the classifieds section ;)

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived