LegacyGT.com

Question about puting turbo on a 2.5N/A

I know its a long shot but im trying to gather info on what parts are needed to boost my 2.5NA? im only planning to boost on 6psi. can anyone chime in and not burn me on this. i need specific parts i will need. thanks in advance.

Only one part: LGT.

A cursory search would have yeilded this answer over and over. I feel your pain but you are seriously better off selling/trading your car for an LGT to start. If you thing I am burning you, you just don't get it.

Spending more money than it would cost to get an LGT to get stock LGT power es no bueno.

I know its a long shot but im trying to gather info on what parts are needed to boost my 2.5NA? im only planning to boost on 6psi. can anyone chime in and not burn me on this. i need specific parts i will need. thanks in advance.

Never got back to me on the RFRB grill.. I Also have WRX manifold, td04 turbo and fmic for 2nd gen legacy. Then you'll need uppipe and downipe.

Use stock cross-member just massage it a bit to clear uppipe.

Rallitek p6 piggyback unit for tuning.

oil lines and oil pan tap.

Only one part: LGT.

A cursory search would have yeilded this answer over and over. I feel your pain but you are seriously better off selling/trading your car for an LGT to start. If you thing I am burning you, you just don't get it.

Spending more money than it would cost to get an LGT to get stock LGT power es no bueno.

I will soon be 330+awhp.. currently 240awhp on my 2nd gen LGT.

KABOOOOOM

You think a stock EJ25 burns through head gaskets like fat kids through cake, wait till you see a boosted EJ25.

My advice, save your pennies, buy a car that's more turbo friendly.

These motors piss through head gaskets in stock form, a turbo will just accelerate the process. You'll be tearing the engine out of the car once a year to replace the gaskets if you put a turbo on it... Even at 6 lbs. If you want a turbo Legacy, get a Phase II EJ22 long block motor and turbo it all you want. I would say to get a complete EJ22T motor but in the US its illegal to drop an OBDI engine into an OBDII car. The EJ25 will just quit on you like clockwork unless you have solid cash to build the whole motor, or at the least just have custom head gaskets made. Custom gaskets will be needed to turbo, both to replace the stock gaskets and to add spacing to lower the compression ratio for a boost happy engine.

can we go back in time and ask SOA why the hell they didn't bring over the EJ22T or the gt-b or any of the fun stuff for the 2nd gen?

How long do you think it will take for an 05 gt to come down to under 10k?

Archived