LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say the word.

Air tools, power tools, etc. And between being a coffee snob, and having some fabulous choices of fermented libations in the fridge, you're bound to find something to drink here.

:)

^ Too generous. :wub:

I'll definitely have to take you up on it someday.

And as more than one LERSOCer will tell ya, as long as you've got "full-fat" CocaCola Classic in the fridge, I'm more than happy! :lol::p

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Heh... I'm on Bennett Rd. between Valley Parkway and Edgerton.

Small world.

:)

i knew where you lived, lol, i would see your car in your driveway everyday on my way home from work when i worked in brunswick.

and the LERSOC meet, i dont own a subie anymore:mad:. but i do own a turbo car:redface:

^ LERSOC welcomes all. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I also have a sandblast cabinet, so you can do your calipers at the same time. I've rebuilt two sets of front calipers, and both rears. So I know my way around those pretty well. And, I have a Vacula power bleeder, so bleeding up the brakes takes minutes for all four.

You don't say! Today I came across a set of Brembos off an '04 STi for pretty cheap. They have been rattle canned black (I know right) so I would be looking to blast and powder coat them, rebuild and install.

I have to do some more homework on this though, I know they make brackets for the rear but the parking brake was an issue. I probably also need to find someone to do the powder coating although my bro and I have done some in the past he still may have the machine and oven for it.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself here but I feel like my car deserves brembos, lol. :rolleyes:

Hey berkshire40. before you do the DIY lip, did you see this?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/warning-06-wrx-lip-05-lgt-inside-132871.html

Those look exceptionally nice on the '08+s.

Not to say that the DIY lip doesn't look nice when done right - nor to say that the DIY lip doesn't enjoy a *definite* care-free existence up here in NE-Ohio's pock-marked roadways and awkward driveway aprons.

I can't help you with the grille decision, but the DIY really is something that's give-and-take for me.

With our road-conditions and driveway aprons/entries being the way they are here, particuarly in the winter, I'm constantly worried about my PU lip. Yeah, it's proven very durable, but I still chew my fingernails a little about it, every time I crunch through some plow-wake.

The DIY lip is a proven-durable piece under such conditions. Sure, it doesn't look as good as the real-deal, even when done perfectly, but then again, it's more durable than anything that's out there, and much more reasonable to replace (and not likely to traumatize your bumper skin, either, should something happen).

It's a hard decision to make.

music.to.kill.yourself.by did you do your suspension stuff this weekend?

i finally got my garage cleaned out yesterday so tonight i installed the whiteline RSB, avo reinforcements, and energy suspension bushing/bracket kit.

the only snags i had were that the bolts for the bracket mounts were just BARELY long enough to get started because of the beefy reinforcement and bracket. i was able to get the tops on with washers and use a vice grip to pin down the bottom and screw it down.

also i forgot to grease them so i had to take the cans back off which isnt a big deal with the magnaflow slip joints. after i greased them and put them back on i realized one of the grease nipples was still in the end of my gun lol. i will have to take the one can off and try and screw it back in.

i wasnt able to get a good test ride in it was a freaking monsoon out there...

anyways let me know id be down for taking off my LCAs and going over to Storms shop to press them if it worked out for you...

i wasnt able to get a good test ride in it was a freaking monsoon out there...

Silly Subaru, you need a boat! :lol:

im confused. isnt independence day supposed to be a celebration for america for declaring our independence from the uk. what would they have to celebrate, loosing us :confused::confused:

LOL they didn't celebrate it.