LegacyGT.com

Disk Changer Issue - 05 Legacy Wagon

jdawg81

Not sure if this goes in here or not, but I'll put it here anyway. The 6-disc cd changer in my car stops playing CDs about 3-5 min in to whatever song I am listening to. The radio continues to work, but the changer does not. I hear noise, almost like the changer is trying to either read the CD or change the CD, but it doesn't play. It also does not eject the CD, or CDs, that is/are in, when I push the eject button. In order to get the discs out, I have to shut off the car and turn it back on.

Is this a common issue with the 6-disc changer? Is there anyway way to fix this, aside from swapping it out?

• 1 year later...

I am now having a very similar problem as this...

To start, i have not yet attempted to diagnose, but wondering if my Jazzy mod has something to do with the issue.

I started the car, and noticed that i was still able to play audio through the ipod interface, but the blank cd doesnt actually attempt to "play". Can't change disks, can't eject disks... its like the changer froze!

Started the car later in the day and suddenly, the changer started working again... albeit, for only a few minutes, then froze again. Very odd behavior.

Has anyone else besides jdawg and myself come upon this?

Archived