LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy i limited w/ VDC pricing and financing

oppamen

I live in Chicago and went into the dealership that gave me the lowest price which was $20,990 + extra $320 for all weather floor mate, compass and homelink mirror. I got an email from other dealer that was offering 0% financing on all of their subaru cars. I havent had a chance to go there but im planning onto tomorrow. I would for sure buy the car if they give it to me for 0% otherwise I would have to think about it. Im also considering buying the extended warranty through Subaru.

1. You guys think I got a good deal on the car? Trying to work on getting it for 21,500 OTD (my tax is 8.75%)

2. If I dont get 0% financing would I be able to negotiate with Subaru to give me a better deal on the interest rate if im going for 5 year loan? Around 2.9%?

3. What do you guys think about the extended warranty. Im also planning on getting paint protection and undercarriage painted so it wont rust. I dont know if its worth it getting the undercarrage painted.

Hope I can get some input fast b/c im planning onto buy my FIRST Subaru ASAP

0% is extremely tough to get. Extended warranty is worth it.

Everyones telling me not to get the extended warranty. They said its better to invest that moeny in something else then buying the warranty. Are you saying this based from your own experience? To get the warranty?

$320 for allweather floor mats??? Aren't they just $60?

Extended warranty is only worth it if you stay stock, and plan to keep that long.

I canceled my extended warranty because if something goes, I'd rather replace it with something better than stock.

Hi, oppamen,

Did you get the $20990 quoted price at last? I can only get $21550 here at Maryland. Could you PM me the price quote so I can show it to my sales agent?

And how much APR did you get? I can only get 2.9% here.

Thanks!

I live in Chicago and went into the dealership that gave me the lowest price which was $20,990 + extra $320 for all weather floor mate, compass and homelink mirror. I got an email from other dealer that was offering 0% financing on all of their subaru cars. I havent had a chance to go there but im planning onto tomorrow. I would for sure buy the car if they give it to me for 0% otherwise I would have to think about it. Im also considering buying the extended warranty through Subaru.

1. You guys think I got a good deal on the car? Trying to work on getting it for 21,500 OTD (my tax is 8.75%)

2. If I dont get 0% financing would I be able to negotiate with Subaru to give me a better deal on the interest rate if im going for 5 year loan? Around 2.9%?

3. What do you guys think about the extended warranty. Im also planning on getting paint protection and undercarriage painted so it wont rust. I dont know if its worth it getting the undercarrage painted.

Hope I can get some input fast b/c im planning onto buy my FIRST Subaru ASAP

The paint treatment and undercarriage protection are total bunk. Do not buy them. I've had dealers in the past that say they do that to all their cars when they come in. I've told them that I'll have to buy elsewhere because they are total crap.

The extended warantee will be offered to you by Subaru about every 6 months for the next 3 years. I've owned 2 subies before the 08 LGT I bought about a week ago and believe me.....you have plenty of opportunity to buy those warantees if you don't do so when you buy the car.

Subaru presently has low financing rates. 2.9% for 2 years, 3.9 for 3, 4.9 for 4. Anything better than this, the dealer has to pay down the loan with the bank (essentially paying the interest that they won't collect from you). The cost of the car goes up with this. Check Subaru of America's site or your regional site for company sponsored financing.

I agree on $320 for floor mats being rediculous. Pick up any Road & Track or Car & Driver and find the companies that do this for a living. They'll be about 1/5 the price and work great.

$20,990 sounds pretty good for a Limited model. There's always a good chance at the end of the year to squeeze more out of the dealer. They get their holdback just after the end of the year (3% of the MSRP) so they're getting $600-$700 on your car in another couple weeks. With the end of year sale going on, I believe Subaru is giving dealers more $$$ if they hit volume targets. If your dealer has a chance to hit this number, you can go even lower. Keep the negotiation for price and the financing seperate. Get your price (reach for $19k....maybe you won't hit it, but give it a try) and then work the finance afterwards. You can take the Suby sponsored financing, assuming you qualify.

Good luck. Have fun with it (I actually love negotiating for a new car with the dealer).

jack

Archived