LegacyGT.com

Koni Shock/Strut & Epic Engineering Spring Install

• 4 months later...
Welcome to the forum. Obviously not Dave the last "Leftcoast". Eibach discontinued the Pro Kit springs many years ago. The Epics were the Eibach Pro Kit re-branded (I sold them via several GB's). Neither are available new any longer.

Thanks for the greetings m sprank. Thats too bad, I keep hearing people rave about their Epic springs. What springs would you recommend that are similar to the Epics (slight height drop, performance while maintaining ride quality)?. I will definitely be pairing them with konis.

if you can find them I'd get sti-pink springs.

My Eibach springs actually fractured and broke after ~4 years of use. I found sti-pinks for a reasonable price used, and I can honestly say I like the feel of those better than the eibachs. Both springs were paired with konis

• 3 weeks later...

I read this entire thing, made the last couple hours at work a breeze! haha....

Question: given the age of this thread....what is the best CURRENT place to source these inserts at the best price and what are the actual insert part#s ?? FBP no longer has online access (that I can figure out at least) and the THN links go to some random non-car related site.

Thanks!

8610-1447S front inserts

8010-1053S rear shocks

I always get my Koni's from Emnotek because they have fantastic customer service, always have good prices and they have fast shipping to me from their warehouse in Nevada.

8610-1447S front inserts

8010-1053S rear shocks

I always get my Koni's from Emnotek because they have fantastic customer service, always have good prices and they have fast shipping to me from their warehouse in Nevada.

The rears aren't 8010-1055S?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The rears aren't 8010-1055S?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This is a 4th Gen thread. They take the 1053 rear. Our 5th gens take the 1055.

The bottom mounting eye is a thinner width on the 4th gen than on our 5th gens, otherwise the are almost identical.

Edited by GTEASER

8610-1447S front inserts

8010-1053S rear shocks

hey thanks Joe! long time sir, how are things?

8610-1447S front inserts

8010-1053S rear shocks

Thanks for recommending a vendor that does not support the forum and is not active in this thread. :confused:

Thanks for recommending a vendor that does not support the forum and is not active in this thread. :confused:

Emnotek is a paying vendor here. And yes, it is true that they don't actively browse the public forums drumming up business and contributing in a technical aspect.

But with all due respect Mike, they are much cheaper for the same product. For example, I just looked up the 8610-1447 inserts on your website, and if my recent purchase had been thru you, I would have paid $375 shipped, or $187 per insert, when instead I purchased from Emnotek and got the same item for $155 each, and $15 shipping, for a grand total of $325. I saved $50. Same goes for the rears, significant savings.

So that is why I didn't mention Infamous. My apologies bud, but my money is hard earned.

Edited by GTEASER

Just saying that sometimes a good customer get's a good deal when you keep supporting/buying from the same vendor.

There sometimes are other benefits that you can't put a price on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Emnotek is a paying vendor here. And yes, it is true that they don't actively browse the public forums drumming up business and contributing in a technical aspect.

But with all due respect Mike, they are much cheaper for the same product. For example, I just looked up the 8610-1447 inserts on your website, and if my recent purchase had been thru you, I would have paid $375 shipped, or $187 per insert, when instead I purchased from Emnotek and got the same item for $155 each, and $15 shipping, for a grand total of $325. I saved $50. Same goes for the rears, significant savings.

So that is why I didn't mention Infamous. My apologies bud, but my money is hard earned.

I did not realize Emnotek was a paying vendor. They are not listed on the vendor page and they do not have a vendor specific forum. Maybe it would be a good idea to update the vendor listing page (for the first time in over 3 years). That way there would be less confusion.

I brought up the point, not to say "buy from me" but to say, "dont advertise for non-paying vendors".

I did not realize Emnotek was a paying vendor. They are not listed on the vendor page and they do not have a vendor specific forum. Maybe it would be a good idea to update the vendor listing page (for the first time in over 3 years). That way there would be less confusion.

I brought up the point, not to say "buy from me" but to say, "dont advertise for non-paying vendors".

You'll have to talk to higher up admin than me to get the vendor status list updated, easy to reference, and continually updated in real time. It's something us lowly mods have wanted for some time. I currently go based on the "green" user name.

As a habit, I do my best not to recommend vendors that are not supporting this community, unless however, there is no direct competition from products offered by paying vendors.

Edited by GTEASER

in Joe's defense I asked point blank for best prices and part#s...I bought a number of things from Mike back when I first got my spec and definitely appreciate respecting our vendors, especially with all of your informative contributions, but this is also a community forum and helpful information is helpful information. And because of that information I found an even better deal and a spring rebate in the process of searching for the best possible value. That's roughly a $150 delta that can go towards more parts, potentially even from a "supporting vendor".... just my $.02 and definitely wasn't trying to stir sh*t up

Joe: Jenna is good (still holding out on the wife part! haha)...Portland is MEH, never stops raining but summer is really nice and coming back around

Joe is a moderator. He should never openly recommend a vendor that does not support the forum. Why would vendors pay to advertise on this forum if the mods were recommending to the community that they should buy elsewhere???

Yup. I started the business in 2010 after losing my last corporate gig. Its been 7 years. Yes, I bought ALL my parts from Jeremy Sassaman who used to run FBP and was the "King of Parts" prior to that. He is now the head of Import parts sales for T14 Distribution. Jeremy is THE MAN.

Rick is all right in my book too.