LegacyGT.com

Production numbers of 2007 Spec B ?

Has anyone seen these? The 06 were of course limited to 500 but the 07 was produced according to (I think) dealer orders. and I was wondering if anyone has seen these numbers?

TIA,

Anthony

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you guys are still looking for one of those, there is one at Ramsey Subaru in Des Moines.

Sticker is 36k$ :D

I was starting a warranty process on my car, and checking out the 08 2.5is on the lot, and a salesperson tried to get me to trade for it...

I told her... "No Red, No Go."

She said she would find a buyer for my car, if I wanted to trade. Not a chance.

She had never SEEN a red Legacy, until she saw mine. Even the service writer commented on how nice the car looked.

I wonder if there are more than 432 Garnet Red/Black GT Limited 5MT sedans...

If I could get a Spec B in red, or blue, I would maybe consider it, as I like most of the features, except that I don't need NAV, but my Stage 2 GT is lower and faster for at least $10k less than the sticker price on that gray spec B. Hard to beat that.

And if I ever build up enough cash to replace the struts/springs with bilsteins/ions, it will really have most of the best of the Spec B, plus a better paint color. I know people like gray, and silver, and stuff... but Garnet red is just so striking, without being completely overt "arrest me" red. I wouldn't say no to that, though, either. Subaru was monumentally dumb for canning that color without a better replacement.

Are you guys ready for this????

There was total of 432, 2007 Spec B was produced.

Model Code 7AS.

:cool:

Is that it? I guess no more will be made since it is now the 2008 model year?

Is there anyway to see what number (out of the 432) my car is? Or is that not possible because it is was a normal production run?

What about base legacys and GTs? What are their numbers?

Is that it? I guess no more will be made since it is now the 2008 model year?

Is there anyway to see what number (out of the 432) my car is? Or is that not possible because it is was a normal production run?

What about base legacys and GTs? What are their numbers?

I have no way of finding out. As per Reg LGT,s If I get some time I will look it up.

Are you guys ready for this????

There was total of 432, 2007 Spec B was produced.

Model Code 7AS.

:cool:

To top that, here is the SAD part.

According to Subaru database there are still 69 of them that are not spoken for.

That is for all US.

Some of these are the Demo cars, Executive cars and Mule cars.

Well there are no 07 Spec Bs in Cali for retail. Soooo That means, rest of the country did not buy as many as SOA had planned. :redface:

It was a production car for 07 and SOA built them based on Sold / dealer inventory Orders. Not much interest.

Now, if you ask me, Mr. SOA have them come with 35 more horses and watch them sell like crazy.... 6speed tranny is not enough.

they didnt get much press as I never heard of one until I wondered on to my local subaru lot and happened to find one. I read quite a few mags to motor trend, C&D, turbo, sport cpmpact car, and other random mags every month.

Several dealers in Texas still have '07 spec B's left - Gillman tried to sell me one when I ordered my '08. I liked the all charcoal interior over the '07 two tone black and blue. Exterior in QSM was another plus for me.

I agree that SOA needs to "bump" the HP for the spec B as further incentive.

Vimy will not be happy to hear such news.

Wow - just 432, no wonder I have yet to see another '07 specB on the road! I remenber reading they expected to produce 3000 of these.

Hey unclemat,

Good to see you. Are you talking about 2005 Legacy GT Wagon in total (5seed and auto) ? Or jus the 5 speed? Limited or Unlimited?

Give them all!!! Whatever you can. It would be uber cool to know the break down of each trim (and color :eek:)

As per Reg LGT,s If I get some time I will look it up.

i have been uber-curious to find this out for some time. SOA's sales table lumps every possible legacy drivetrain and configuration into one, and then lumps that figure in with every possible outback configuration. let's keep this simple, if you can just post the # of lgt's sold each year, that would be swell enough.

the other owners may not wish to get too uppity about low spec b production/sales until we find out the numbers on the plain jane lgt's (i'm gonna take a stab and say avg. 2500/year).

Subaru of Gwinnett told me that the 07 specb was not supposed to be a rare car, but one of the companies that was supposed to provide a part for it really dropped the ball, so Subaru couldn't make that many. It wasn't really a question of how many they could sell, only how many they could make.

Archived